Sunday 2 August 2009

NOTD - No pain no gain!!

I realise that Nail of the day posts do get boring however I have to admit the main purpose for me posting this is to show off my new nails!

I actually went through a bit of pain to get these nails ... I hadn't planned on getting them done but I had some time to spare on Friday so thought I would get an impromptu manicure. I opted for acrylics thanks to the advice of some of the lovely girls on twitter as I knew I would want to paint them afterwards.

Anyway, the girl doing my nails managed to cut me twice while drilling my nails (drilling i understand is frowned upon). I bled. Not badly but still, you know, that's not what i paid for!! I ended up not complaining as being the sucker I am, I got on so well with the owner of the shop I just didn't have the heart to!

When i got home, I actually had to file the nails down again and shape them as she had left them very square and long.
The french manicure look also looked a little bit cheap on my hands. I have such tiny and hands and nails that I couldn't pull it off very well with acrylics. So, on the nail polish went. I chose Lavender Lingo by China Glaze - a lovely opaque pale pink/lilac. I have worn this on my natural nails and it really doesn't look as good as it does on a fake yet beautifully shaped nail.

What do you think of my new nails? Should i keep them?

x

9 comments:

  1. I'd keep them for a while - they will wreck your natural nails though! LOVE that colour - by the way, drilling nails sounds like a form of torture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @mizzworthy - yeah i really wanna keep them but i am worrying about damaging my natural nail ... oh well like the post says no pain no gain i suppose lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The last time i got acrylics done the women drew blood on me while drilling... i havent had them done since!! I love the finished look of them though and urs look lovely painted! I think you should keep them for a while since u've paid for them and everything... xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look lovely, i much prefer acrylics painted. I'd keep them a little while. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd keep them! after all you're still young and your natural nails will grow, mine were wrecked after i got my last ones off so i got the buffer from superdrug, some nail hardener and theyre back to normal a month later! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had gel nails for some month and I loved them but sadly I had to remove it because I had an horrible allergic reaction :-( Now my nails are very fragile and I'm going to leave them breathe for some time...I hated the drill they used to file my nails, I always ended up bleeding :-(( So keep the acrylics but be prepared to suffer for your beauty ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You could just have gel put on your natural nails. It won't damage them and you can paint them (as long as you use acetone free polish) plus it will protect your own nails whilst they grow. I have been getting mine done for about 2 months and I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Go somewhere that doesn't use the drill. I used to get acrylics and they filed and buffed rather than using the drill.

    I cringe at the thought!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi hun, I would really recommend going somewhere that they do acrylics without the drill as it can be very dangerous, salons that use drills often use MMA and if you google nails and MMA you will see just how dodgy that stuff is. I get my acrylics done in a local salon that files the nails by hand and they are only £5 more expensive than the dogy drill people, maybe ring around and find someone safer. They look pretty though x

    ReplyDelete