Sunday 9 August 2009

My new Maxi ....

I didn't mention in the previous post but while I was out shopping today I returned 2 dresses from Coast. I originally bought them for a wedding but they just aren't suitable, one is slightly on the big side the other on the small side so they both went back. Anyway, while I was in I noticed this maxi dress in the sale which to be honest I have had my eye on for ages but could never find in my size!


Well today, there it was! I tried it, I liked it, i bought it! It was in the sale from £175 to £85 ... still pricey but I will get my use out of it. One problem though I have pretty big 'girls' if you know what I mean?! It fits up top but with a bra it becomes a little restrictive so I am on the hunt for a seamstress this week to sort it out! Wish me Luck!

I will most likely wear this to a wedding i am going to this weekend but it will be great on holiday with my husband. I thought I would give you an idea of how I will wear this for both occasions. Nothing exciting and to be honest a dress like this doesn't need too much styling as it speaks for itself!



This is roughly how I plan to wear it to this weekends wedding. I will wear wedges or heels to add a bit of height (I am 5'4 so I just get away with a maxi and no more) ... embellished bag and bangles to add a bit of pzazz and possibly some flowers in my hair. It's not my usual wedding guest outfit, it's more of a relaxed chic look.

What do you think of both styles? Any advice on fitting the 'girls' in is most welcome too ;)

x

9 comments:

  1. I love it! its perfect for a summer wedding, would be even more perfect for a summer beach wedding! XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful dress you have great style!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this dress, saw it on a poster in coast and loved it!! Great styling too, it will look fab on you x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love your dress :) its prettyful and would look incredibly cute at a wedding.. with ya wedges and flowers in ya hair :):)

    good luck with finding a seamstress btw..


    ly :] xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a lovely maxi! xXx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous dress - love both outfits you have styled!! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Floral printed maxi dresses are my favorite!! I like your choice!! Those flat and high heel shoes both are fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous dress - funnily enough I have larger "girls", but I call them phil and grant, after the mitchell bros... lol x

    ReplyDelete