Sunday 13 September 2009

FOTD, OOTD and Candyfloss hair!!

Last night I was out to play so thought I would show you my look for the night. I literally got ready in about 40 minutes and instead of going through the usual routine of styling my hair down, I went for a back combed updo and also went for a quick smokey eyed look - sticking to what i know when in a hurry! (I always seem to be in a hurry these days!)

So here's the face!

Face:
Bobbi Brown Pro Stick (this is a fail safe for me as mentioned in a previous post and i'm loving it!)
Prescriptives mineral foundation (a light dusting to set the foundation - it's a night out after all)
Mac Select Cover up
Bobbi Brown colour corrector

Eyes:
Mac All that Glitters
Mac Glamour Check
Mac Beauty Marked
Mac Fluidline in blacktrack
Dior Show Mascara

Lips:
Mac Cremesheen in Partial to Pink

Cheeks:
Nars Laguna
Mac MSF Redhead
Illamasqua blush in Unrequited

.... and the hair:I basically hairsprayed and back combed all of it then started pinning it at the back with bobby pins so in the end it had a candyfloss french roll effect. In the end i think it could have looked a little 'fluffier' as bedhead was the intention with this hair do.

And finally, what I wore:
Apologies for the whited out photo but I was trying to hide the wonderful backdrop that is my bathroom!!!

Sequinned dress from H&M - this reminds me a little of a 1940's flapper dress, I love it but my husband think it hides my waistline. This can only be a good thing for me as it is expanding at such a rate, why would I want to show it off?!!

Topshop platform shoes

Mango bubble ball bracelet

I kept accessories low key as the dress was sequinned and I don't like to overgild the lily as they say. I teamed this with a black blazer and I was good to go!

What was your Saturday night ootd/fotd?

x

7 comments:

  1. You look gorgeous! In love with your shoes!

    Think I may team ATG and Glamour Checked tomorrow now seeing this, it looks lovely :)

    Great post hun! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look lovely! Love that dress and those shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this look! It's so sassy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning as usual. I really like the dress... and the shoes! My saturday night outfit was my pyjamas and no make-up! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the hair do! i always try to do my hair up when i go out but it never works and falls out after ten mins! also love the eye makeup - regret not getting the glamourcheck eyeshadow when it came out x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are stunning!! I love your style!! Hey, I wanna do a swap with you :) Let me know if you're interested hun :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look exactly like the character Joan from Mad Men! This is a really glamorous look.

    ReplyDelete