Tuesday 1 September 2009

Swatch!

Hands up who had a Swatch watch at school?? *hand shoots up in the air*

Obviously, that was then and this is now and Swatch have lost their cool points over the years however I stumbled across the Swatch shop while in Edinburgh last week so I strolled in for a ... aherm, swatch!

Many of the watches were in the style I remember fondly, colourful, fun and a little wacky. However, there was a sophisticated yet still a bit funky watch or 2 on display. One of which caught my eye....
It's a Swatch Chrono watch. It has little diamantes on the face and the hands glow in the dark yay! (geek). Originally, having had my eye on a Marc Jacobs watch, this was half the price - big plus points there.

I was a little hesitant to make the purchase at first but the more I thought about it the more I convinced myself of how cool it would be to own a swatch again. I'm not known for being a follower of the crowd anyway so I guess it suited me fine that they are not necessarily bang on trend. I like the retro, quirkiness that comes along with having a Swatch watch.

Anyway, since then I have discovered that the Swatch Group actually own or a number of high end brands like Omega, Tissot and Calvin Klein so I guess I'm not in bad company ;)

What do you think of Swatch? Cool or Retro naff?

x

7 comments:

  1. Ooh i like :)
    I cant really remember swatch watches! When i was at school you was sooo cool if you had a baby g watch!! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG i used to wear swatch as a kiddy too! They were always gifts from my grandparents! This bring back so many memories.

    The watch is extremely lovely and i may have to pop in to a swatch store to have a look now :) Did not know they owned other brands too..I own a Tissot but dont dare wear it because of how much its worth!

    I prefer me some cheaper yet expensive looking watches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @CBethGlitter omg yeah!! i forgot about Baby G - i had one of them too!! A lilac one i'm sure ha ha! xx

    @xallycatx my Swatch was always a gift from my brother how funny! I hadn't realised about those other brands either, quite impressive i thought. This is now my everyday watch so I might still need to purchase that marc jacobs one ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG yeh i remember swatch. I live in edin but never been in the shop.

    retro all the way, i have the old style silver casio & i love it more than my designer watches!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Indie Cindy Ah i love the silver casio - my friend has it! My husband was trying to buy a vintage watch last night ...the oldies are always goodies ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think everyone owned a swatch back in the day :)). That's a great one too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still have my limited edition Vivienne Westwood Swatch...which would be worth something if I'd kept the box, but I didn't know! And, worse yet, I have never worn it. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete