Thursday 17 September 2009

What's Inspiring Me?

This is really a quick post to kind of update you on me! I don't usually give to much away on my blog, I like to use it as more of an escape however quite a lot has been going on in my life this last few weeks.

One of the major things to happen is my Husband and I buying a house. We live in a great flat at the moment but we just need more space and I need my own dressing room! We had casually been looking for a new place for a couple of months and stumbled across a lovely little pad a few weeks ago! So, at the moment we are preparing to move and also working hard to perfect our flat to sell on. This means I probably won't be updating the blog as regularly but I still have lots of posts queued that I am dying to finish!

I am also going on holiday again on Monday for a week away in the Sun ... which I am so grateful for as I need a proper rest this time, still haven't quite recovered from Ibiza!

Anyway, onto what's inspiring me? I am already an avid amateur interior designer... in fact when I left school I was booked on a uni course in interior design but ended up taking a gap year (or 2!) and ended up doing a completely different course. I still love it as a hobby and nothing thrills me more than the thought of moving to a new home and putting my stamp on it!! So, here are some pics that have been inspiring me lately and hopefully I can incorporate some ideas into my new home!!
I am a big fan of open plan living with clean lines but rustic and quirky features. I also love black and white framed art work on walls.I like a cosy yet chic and stylish bedroom ... I also adore the juxtaposition of modern with traditional
Style is the order of the day but with subtle hints of glamour everywhere (I need to remember my Husband has to live here too, lol) And of course, I need plenty of space for my clothes and shoes!!! What's been inspiring you lately?

x

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on the house hun! Hope you have fun in the sun xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on getting a home! I love every single one of those pics, the high ceilings are amazing and I love the bedding..I want. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on the house, yayyyy :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the house. You just described my taste in interior design almost perfectly!! We've been in our home almost 3 yrs and we've only really got 2 rooms exactly how we want them. The problem with old houses like ours is that the minute you start something a million other problems present themselves!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Mizzworthy @ellamarie84 @bubblegarm Thanks guys! xx

    @loveaudrey It takes such a long time to get things the way you want them doesn't it? I strongly believe a house has to be lived in before you can really know what to do with it though - it has to talk to you LOL! My flat at the moment is a period building but the house i'm moving to is probably a 1960s build so unfortunately none of the gorgeous old features we are used to xx

    ReplyDelete