Monday 14 September 2009

Products i'm McLovin!

A few posts ago I shared the products that weren't really doing it for me at the moment so now it's time to share the products that are floating my boat!;)

1) The Body Shop Black Velvet Apricot Lip Balm
This is from a new range at TBS. This lip balm feels lovely and moisturising on the lips, smells nice and has the slightest tint and sheen to it. It's great for on the go and can be worn over lippy too so to tone down the colour. This range also do the burning oils (is that what they are called?) for at home which I am also loving!


2) MAC Moisturelush Cream
I purchased this last month for the first time. My skin once again is going through a rough patch and I honestly put it down to all the messing about with different products that I do. A MUA recommended this ... in fact, I should add it was an MUA with to die for skin so I put my trust in her 100%. I have to say the tip off has bode well and my skin is feeling lovely and smooth with this and dare I say it, younger! The cream is rich and thick in texture and warmed up a little it is easily massaged into the skin. I wear this at night as for me it is too thick as a morning cream. My skin is far from perfect but I do believe I need to work from the inside out to achieve that *pledges to drink more water*

3) MAC All That Glitters and Glamour Check
Admittedly, All That Glitters is a bit of a cult favourite and probably needs very little explanation but the reason it is in my favourites just now is because I have been wearing it most often teamed with Glamour Check (see previous FOTD post) and I am loving the results. Glamour Check is a lovely deep, warm brown with burgundy reflects. I have been creating a daytime smokey eye with this and for night time I add some definition using carbon or beauty marked. I would say that Glamour Check is very very close to Twinks and Antiqued so if you already have those then there may be no need for this product.

4) MAC Vegas Volt
I blogged about this a few posts ago and it was my holiday product winner! The tone of the coral-orange is just gorgeous and is versatile for day or night time wear. I'm off on holiday next week again and this is definitely coming with me :)
5) Bobbi Brown Colour Corrector in light bisque
I love my concealer, i pack it on especially under my eyes, however a few weeks ago while visiting Bobbi Brown the MUA suggested instead of packing on the concealer ensure I used my colour corrector more readily (already in my stash) and I should feel less need to layer up on the concealer. You know what? She was right! I've been using the colour corrector every day and I there is definitely less concealer wastage. This particular colour corrector is a light pink in appearance and it counteracts purple tones (undereye dark circles) in the skin. This really is a wonder product for me.

6) Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick in Sand
I mentioned in a previous post that YSL perfect touch really wasn't doing me any favours in the beauty stakes and vowed to stick to what I know. Well, this is what I know! Bobbi Brown foundation stick is what I wore on my wedding day and my skin looked flawless so going back to this has been a bit of a saviour. It is medium coverage but can be built up to full coverage without looking cakey, thick or greasy. I find it gives me a radiant glow and lasts the full day too which is a major plus point for me!

That's my top products of the moment, what are your favourites just now?

x

6 comments:

  1. I'm addicted to Yes Yes Yes body shop lip butter and MAC Black Russian eyeliner. I love Bobbi Brown colour corrector, its fab x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought All That Glitters today...looking forward to trying it tomorrow :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really interested in getting the colour corector but don't have a BB counter near me. Do you think my pale skin would suit the bisque or should I go for another shade? Or should I just play it safe and wait til I can get to a counter? I love the lippy too... I can see from your previous post that it really suits you!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking for a new good foundation! Revlon colorstay makes me break out, do you think this is as good/better than the no shine the colorstay gives? x

    ReplyDelete
  5. @LoveAudrey Light Bisque is good for pale skin as i am super pale too when i am not fake tanning ... i think there is a lighter shade again called porcelain bisque maybe? I think you may be ok with the light bisque though but its always a risk when ordering online, it depends how long you think you can wait for it. I would definitely recommend though if you find you suffer from dark undereye circles xx

    @Kerry I'll be honest, I would choose this hands down over Revlon colourstay anyday. Don't get me wrong i do love my colourstay but this gives a much more polished finish in my opinion. I don't find it oily or shiny unless i have layered on far too much of it but its easy to buff down with a brush or just your fingers. Revlon started breaking me out a few months ago after years of use so i am not sure if the formulation has changed somehow but i have never had skin problems with BB products. I personally think they are experts in the field of foundations and concealers - they are also very good at offering samples before you buy so you should go to your local counter and ask for some to try them out :) Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving Light Bisque too, i bought it a week ago it's fab!xx

    ReplyDelete