Sunday 13 September 2009

My Vintage Wardrobe - numero deux

So, here is the second installment of 'my vintage wardrobe'.

It's my little gold box-like clutch. I picked this up a few years ago in a vintage store in Charlottenberg, Berlin. This has got to be one of my all time favourite clutch bags and it certainly gets the most compliments whenever I wear it out! It goes with so many dresses and outfits and even has a strap so I can wear it round my shoulder but more often than not I tuck that inside.
It has some slight damage to the front which I always say I will get fixed, although I am not sure how I could fix it. Usually i place my hand strategically over the mark so nobody notices but in all honesty I think it adds to the allure of the bag - it has a story! There is no make or brand on the bag and it is of fairly simple structure with just a little snap hook to open and close it.
It's not very big but I still manage to fit my mobile, keys, cards and some vital make-up items in it! I absolutely love it but I am always on the look out for more vintage clutches. I think they really add to an outfit when you have something unique to carry in your hand.

Who else loves vintage bags? share share share ;)

Keep posted for more installments of My Vintage Wardrobe :)

x

3 comments:

  1. I've got a collection myself and I love each and every one of them. I look at them as my babies. I have a strong attachment to vintage clothing and I tend to steer towards that style over any other when I have the choice. Vintage accessories, purses, shoes, brooches, cigarette holders.....I love them all. Your purse is GORGEOUS! Great buy. xxN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous bag, i love clutches but i'm useless with them as i end up putting them down on a table or in the loo's when i'm out and forgetting to pick them back up again x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute, i love vintage! I have quite a few things from my gran and her sister from when they were young (including a similar box type clutch)but they are all in storage back home :(

    ReplyDelete