Saturday 5 September 2009

The Body Shop - Thank You!

Last week The Body Shop held a beauty bloggers event in London. I had been invited to this but unfortunately I had already a booked a night at the Edinburgh Festival for my husbands birthday so I couldn't attend.

After catching up with some blogs after it, I thought their new make up collection was worth a look but before I got a chance to go and have a look I was sent a bag of goodies in the post!! I was absolutely wowed by what was sent and have to say a big Thank You to The Body Shop for their generosity! They are well known for being a fantastic, ethical brand and I really feel the girls at the Body Shop are a real credit to the company, it's a lovely personal touch to still be thought of even when you have missed an event.

So on to the goods!
First up is 11, yes 11 lipsticks!! I find it hard to pick lipsticks for myself so when i tried all 11 and they all suited or just the very fact I liked them all was a real surprise! Some of the girls are absolutely lush. So far I am loving numbers 59, 60, 69 and 71. Sorry I do not have the correlating names, I should have done my research before starting this post!
I was also sent this blush in 'Warm Sunset'. It is a mix of bronzey, terracotta shades. You can use the 3 shades seperately but I have applied by just swirling them all together. I absolutely love the warm glow it gives me and it has been a staple in my make up bag this week. It did crack a little on transit but still ok to use.
Then there are these 2 eyeshadow trio's in (from left to right) sundown glow and moonlight lustre. I am yet to try them out to be honest but I love the colours so will hopefully to a little fotd with them at some point soon. Finally, we have these gorgeouse eye pencils. The colours are so bright and vibrant and just quite simply, something a little bit different than your usual browns, blacks and greys. I do love a coloured liner, I usually wear on my waterline to add a little bit of colour to an otherwise neutral eye. From left to right we have; Shimmering Steel, Brilliant Blue, Glowing Amethyst, Vibrant Emerald and Burnished Amber. They are so smooth and velvet-like to apply, I will really enjoying playing with these :)

I was also sent some bodycare items which I have been using since I received and really love so I will blog about them seperately in a future post.

I would definitely recommend the new autumn make up range from The Body Shop, the previous collection wasn't so good for me but this definitely makes me want to go back and repurchase :)

What do you guys think of it? Have you checked it out yet?

4 comments:

  1. I got the same suprise in the mail last week :) Have fun playing with yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've bought a few of the new fall items and am loving them so far:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow that is so nice of them to send you all of that! I love coloured eyeliners but those look very similar to my Urban Decay colours, i might try the gunmetal though x

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice AND generous of TBS.

    ReplyDelete