Monday 28 September 2009

Team Dannii!

*Warning: Geektastic post awaits*

X Factor is back and sad to say I am glued to the screen every Saturday evening and sometimes nursing me through my Sunday hangover.

Aside the fact that I like the 'singing and dancing' ... oh and often blatant humiliation of the sometimes not so great British public, what I love most about the X Factor is watching Cheryl and Dannii parade on stage every week in their array of high end fashion. Cheryl has already won over the hearts of the nation but Dannii still seems to get a hard time whether it's down to her looks, personality or career credentials!

Dannii is in her late 30's but I am in awe of how amazing she looks. Okay, okay, I realise she has probably had a bit of work done here and there and obviously quite a bit of botox but there is no denying she looks absolutely flawless. Cheryl must be over 10 years her junior yet she is hot competition alongside her. She has a figure to die for and skin that looks like it has been licked to perfection by a handful of siamese kittens!! I need to get tips from her make up artist - I want to know every single product she uses!

What I am trying to say is that I find her quite inspirational (in the looks department at least)! While we have a nation of 20 somethings who would do anything to look like Cheryl Cole (Admittedly, I had a Cheryl Cole manicure last week - oh the shame!) ... as a late 20 something looking for a more sophisticated, sharp yet quirky look, I think from now on I shall be channeling my inner Dannii - that's if I have a Dannii in there somewhere?!!

As far as Dannii's talent goes ... does anyone remember the album Neon Nights?? hmmm, no? Well, I do, I loved it and it still comes out at parties in my flat! In fact, Justice even remixed some of her songs from Neon Nights at their set in Pacha when I was in Ibiza! I literally screamed with delight when I heard it! Ok, I ain't winning any cool points here am i??! ;pSome pics of Dannii in her Neon Nights hey day! Obviously she has much more under her belt talent wise but thats my personal fave!
This is the pic that proves to me how utterly gorgeous Dannii is - at the airport wearing minimal make up and still looking flawless! *gush*

Soooo... I just thought Dannii deserved some love since she is often overlooked! So who are you with this year? Team Cheryl or Team Dannii or like me do you crossover from time to time?

x

12 comments:

  1. She's looking hot, hot, hot this season - the bob does wonders for her.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too think she looks bloody FLAWLESS and i adore the bob on her ! GREAT post it's such a refreshing change from the cheryl loving xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that Dannii is overlooked, she is gorgeous and seems like a genuine person x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Completely agree. I do love a bit of Cheryl, but Dannii is still my favourite! Loving her hair this year. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember that albumn!! Once upon a time it was cooler to like Danni than kylie! I've not paid much attention to her style before but I can def see your point from these pics.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved that album! I still have it on my itunes and dig it out every now and again too!
    Good post! I do like Cheryl but it's getting a bit boring what with every magazine being filled with columns and columns of her. Danni doesn’t seem like she tries as hard. She's effortlessly chic! X

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think Danni looks amazing, I especially liked when she wore the pink vest top with her hair in a big quiff. I often comment on how amazing she looks and my boyfriend teases me saying I have a crush on her! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've always loved Dannii,since the days I knew her just as Kylie's little sister. Those were the days when I was in high school and I read Smash Hits ( which was rather difficult to find here in Italy) to know about all my english pop idols.Ah, the memories...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Agreed!

    I hate Cheryl, hence I love Danni! :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Danni is looking fab, i actually think her much moe stylish then Cheryl who though gorgeous is a little bit styled for me x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE Danni, she is so beautiful! Cheryl is too but she is not so daring with her looks - the same old make up is on week after week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have to say, I watch X Factor mainly to see what Danni is wearing! She always looks amazing
    Amy x

    ReplyDelete