Friday 11 September 2009

Products i'm not 'feeling' at the moment!

Yup, this is a little post to let you know of some products i had bought, quite liked but are just not doing it for me anymore for one reason or another. I am not 'feeling' the love!

1) Estee Lauder Perfect Clean Cleanser and Toner
Initially I loved this cleanser and toner, it got rid of everything, had a pleasant smell and a refreshing cooling sensation from the toner but then disaster struck. I got spots! Lots of them. Naturally, I stopped using it and the spots cleared up. It's a shame as I did like this cleanser and toner but it seems that it is full of the bad stuff my skin hates!

2) Gosh Velvet Touch Primer
I understand why they call this 'velvet touch'. The gel like formula literally feels like velvet on your skin. However, it almost feels like it is creating a barrier between your make up and skin rather than a base for your foundation. I have worn for a few weeks now and safe to say everyday I come home from work and pretty much all of my foundation has disappeared. Not exactly the job a primer is supposed to do!! I have dry/combination skin, I'm not sure if this is what makes the difference but it's back to Laura Mercier I go for my fail safe foundation primer.

3) YSL Perfect Touch Foundation
I have to apologise, I keep moaning about this on twitter except I keep telling everyone it is Estee Lauder Double Wear that I'm hating!!! It's not! I have yet to try EL, what an idiot! So yeah, its YSL Perfect Touch. I wanted this because it was full coverage and on the first few uses I really did like it, it gave me what looked like a flawless complexion but on closer inspection, it looked like a layer of plastic had been spread over my skin and in fact gave me the fakest, thickest layer of foundation. Instead of looking naturally flawless, I looked horrendously made up. I am getting a bit fed up (and think my skin is too) of experimenting with foundations so I think I am going back to basics with the foundations I know and love - Mac, Bobbi Brown, Nars and Revlon colourstay. They have always worked for me so I am gonna stick with them ... for now!

That's it! Only a small list really but just had to get that off my chest! There are products I am loving too so I will endeavour to post about them soon.

5 comments:

  1. Thats a shame - hate spending big bucks on products and loving them at first, ony for it all to go horribly wrong later on - I had a similar experience with Mac Studio sculpt foundation - Oxidises on my skin to a gross orange shade - yuk. I'd love a review of some Bobbi brown foundies if you have any time? Never tried any of them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. @mizzworthy .. ive tried a few of them now but usually stick with the pro stick - will do a wee review for ya chica!! :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hate all these too! I neeed a good primer...LM sounds goooood!! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just don't get primers....to be honest I wonder if its a case of 'the emperor's new clothes'? My skin really never looks much different than if I use a radiance moisturiser under foundation. But feel your pain...hate it when the love goes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shame about the primer...looks like it could have been a winner!
    Looking forward to your 'products I'm loving' post.
    x

    ReplyDelete