Saturday 5 September 2009

Illamasqua Dystopia

Yesterday I attended the Illamasqua bloggers event to showcase the new collection, Dystopia.

The event was held at Ithaca in Manchester with Creative Director, Alex Box and the Manchester Illamasqua make up artists demonstrating some amazing looks using the new collection.

The collection is a celebration of our darker side, and was inspired by Fritz Lang’s 1927 masterpiece ‘Metropolis’. This iconic film explored the civil unrest that was being felt by society in the 1920s, and translated it into a metaphorical futuristic urban city, a city of Dystopia – the opposite of Utopia – mysterious, edgy and sinister.

Personally, I love the new collection. There are a mixture of silvers, blacks with some pink and purple thrown in. I am pretty scared of silver to be honest, I find it washes me out but Leena from Illamasqua made up my eyes using the silver, purples and black and i loved it!

The new collection consists of a liquid metal, 2 pallettes, 2 nail polishes, some shadows, 2 pigments, lipglosses and a lipstick. Sorry, it's late and I cannot remember the finer details but definitely check it out. I think the imagery may be a bit scary for those who enjoy a neutral look but the colours are very wearable and diverse enough to translate into an everyday look.

Unfortunately I did not have my camera with me at the event so no photos to show you however we were given goody bags as we left so have taken some swatches of what was in my booty! I originally had 3 items but after a swap with Rowena of Cosmetic Candy I went home with 2!! Oi!! Rowena you sneaky little thing you ;p

So, I left with a powder shadow in Machine, it's a blackish charcoaly colour (i'm good with descriptions huh?) with glitter through it, although it's not a glitter shadow. The other item is an intense lipgloss in Galactic. This colour is amazing. It literally looks like the liquid metal in lipgloss form .... I don't think I could wear this on it's own (except when I am dressed as the Tin Man at Halloween) however, I will play about with this using other colours. I might even use it on my eyes and see how it goes there but have a feeling it could crease like a bitch!

Dystopia hits the shops on September 10th and apparantly the liquid metal is already selling out on pre-orders alone so get in quick girls!! I am looking forward to picking up a nail polish and some pigments!

Anyone else looking forward to the release of Dystopia? What are you planning on buying?

x

3 comments:

  1. wow the lipgloss looks amazing!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thats very nice lipgloss. I like it so much and i also want to buy it. For the more information visit www(dot)nouvelleaesthetics(dot)co(dot)uk.
    Semi Permanent Make Up

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you all had fun at the bloggers event. The new collection is gorgeous, we were so excited when all the testers arrived in work.

    Drop me an email if you want me to keep any pieces aside for you - we have a preorder list on counter I can put your name down so we don't sell out before you get them!

    Siân xx

    ReplyDelete