Tuesday 28 September 2010

All Saints ... Luxury Leather

Winter is being thrust upon us and it's quite possible we won't see Autumn at all (at least up here in Scotland) ... so it can only mean one thing. I must get my Autumn/Winter wardrobe sorted.

Last week I took a look in my wardrobe and was quite literally overwhelmed by the amount of clothes I own but don't wear so I decided to to take the step to downsize. I separated the good from the bad and got rid, however a lot of the good (and some of it was really great) that was left behind no longer fits! See, losing weight does have a down side :(

One of the items I was devastated to lose was my All Saints Daisy Bomber Jacket. I bought this a couple of years ago but have now lost so much weight it drowns me.

For me, All Saints purchases are an investment. You are buying luxury and a dose of attitude, although it sits in the higher end of high street affordability - the quality and life you get from the garment pays for itself. You can also guarantee when you buy from All Saints that you won't walk down the street and see 6 different people in the same piece unlike some other high street brands, as All Saints never follows the typical trends that other stores succumb to each season.

Over the years All Saints have grown and grown. I remember a time when my only chance of stepping in an All Saints store was to take a trip to Londons Carnaby Street so there has always been a great deal of exclusivity about the brand. Nowadays most major UK cities have their own stand alone store and they have even expanded to the U.S which is a mean feat for any British brand.

So what am I trying to say? Well, I need a new leather jacket of course, to replace my beloved Daisy bomber and I am heading straight back to All Saints for their leather jackets are so soft and buttery, super comfortable and gorgeous. Expensive these jackets may be but when you weigh it up against other high street competitors, often there is not a major price difference but there is a distinct bridge between style and quality that All Saints wins hands down.



I have narrowed it down to 3 choices so far. The Datya Jacket, the cobra bomber and the Lana leather jacket. The bomber would be the obvious choice to replace the jacket I have lost but I quite like the biker style of Lana which is a classic shape that I will get years of wear from. However, the front runner at the moment is the Datya which would suit a layered winter look both casual and formal.

I think I might pop into All Saints today and try these jackets on.

Whats your favourite? Do All Saints feature on your top shops to buy from?

x

6 comments:

  1. The Datya jaket - more of a classic jacket fit!

    All gorgeous jackets though!
    I buy a dress from the allsaints sale each year love love love allsaints!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a fan of All Saints too, I bought a grey leather bomber there a few years ago and still love it. I like all the ones in the picture, I love the hood on the cobra one but it does make it very casual. I'd probably go for the datya one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Lana is head and shoulders above the rest! The style of it is timeless as is the colour. The datya is kind of that waterfall shape that I personally think will go out of style fairly sharpish! I can imagine the Lana worn casually with jeans and a huge leopard print scarf wrapped around you and also think it would work equally well with a LBD on a night out to add that slight biker edge to the look!! Let us know what one you go for!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Av that the Lana is definitely the most classic and timeless. I would go for that one since you're looking for an investment piece. While the Datya looks more elegant and feminine, the Lana would be more versatile. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the comments but you know what Girls, I think you are probably right about the Lana ... I definitely need to try it on xx

    ReplyDelete