Saturday 4 September 2010

Show Orchid

I am loving bright lipsticks at the moment but often find them hard to wear and your lips need to be in tip top shape to carry them off.

A while ago I raved on twitter about my new favourite pink lipstick and finally I am getting round to showing you all what it is.

I present to you Estee Lauder Pure Colour Gloss Stick in Show Orchid.

The pure colour glosses are a relatively new addition to Estee Lauder lip range and this particular shade comes as part of the gorgeous Blue Dahlia collection which I previously blogged about here and here and here.

Show Orchid is a gorgeous blue based bright pink which looks iridescent in it's tube. The point of the pure colour gloss lipstick is that it's basically a lipstick and gloss in one go. It gives a sleek, smooth, high shine finish without the gloopiness of a lipgloss. When applied this lipstick literally feels like it is melting onto your lips and feels super moisturising which is helpful for keeping lips in lovely condition to show off the gorgeous colour.

The formula contains Prismatic pearls add multi-dimensional volume and amplified light reflection which helps create a fuller looking lip. Always a win in my eyes.For being a bright lipstick, it's not overpowering and is surprisingly easy to pull off without being too 'in your face'. The glum photo above doesn't do justice to it's vibrance or colour but you can see the lovely glossy pigmented lip it creates.

Has anyone else tried this range yet? What brights are you lusting after?

x

6 comments:

  1. I think I need this.. xx

    loradoesmakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats gorgeous. I wish I brave enough to wear such a bright colour. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty colour, looks very wearable. I absolutely love the colour of your hair by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Lora its a lovely colour, i really adore it. EL have a lot of other lovely shades, i just love the formulation of these lipsticks xx

    @xDiamondsandPearlsx Be brave! lol bet you could pull it off no problem ... try starting off with a muted bright and build it up xx

    @MissisG Oh thanks lovely, it looks quite dark in this pic, it always seems to look different under different lights xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just looking at these gloss sticks on their website the other day. I was wondering if they could be like YSL Rouge Volupte, or MAC Slimshine lipsticks. Because it's a gloss stick, do you think it's wearing down quickly? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks gorgeous and I love the idea of a lipstick and gloss in one! x

    ReplyDelete