Thursday 2 September 2010

Can a leopard change its spots?

I have always been partial to a bit of leopard print although I try to avoid the Bet Lynch/Pat Butcher look - however hard that can be.

Leopard print can be difficult to wear and I certainly don't recomend wearing a lot of it at once. I prefer my animal print to be in the form of a statement piece ... a scarf, a bag, shoes, maybe even my nails ... with the rest of the outfit toned down to avoid looking too busy and loud.

Last week I purchased another statement leopard print item for my wardrobe, this time a pair of boots. I was drawn to these as they look very like a pair of louboutins that I spotted Victoria Beckham and Cheryl Cole wearing in a magazine. Ugh, how naff am i?


Boohoo.com



Anyway, I spotted a much cheaper version on Boohoo.com for £30 and thought I would order and see what they are like. In real life the leopard print is furry. Not like expensive horse hair furry but like fuzzy felt furry. This makes them look a l'il bit on the cheap side, however, despite this they are very comfortable even with such a high heel and I figure that worn with the right outfit, they would make the animal print statement I am after.

Oh, and they have a red sole ... clearly trying to rip off Louboutin but I'm not complaining ;) For only £30 I thought they were worth keeping and I am sure I can introduce them into an otherwise dark and dreary Winter wardrobe.

Christian Louboutin



What do you think? Are you partial to animal print or is it strictly for Bet Lynch in your books?

x

3 comments:

  1. Oh YES! Same as you, for me the print needs to be on an accessory really. I saw the most gorgeous leopard print bag recently, but my very cheeky sister laughed her socks off when she saw me heading to the till with it - so I had a wobble and put it back. Honestly! Wish I'd ignored her and got it anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think these are amazing, and who cares that they aren't the CL's- now you have more money to buy other fabulous things with! I think that makes you a smart shopper;-) Glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this womens shoes are soo cool I going to search and buy this same !!

    ReplyDelete