Friday 24 September 2010

Iris

I woke up to a lovely surprise package last week, something I hadn't expected at all.

It was a bottle of Crabtree & Evelyn's new fragrance, Iris. This is my first ever dabble with this brand and I have to say so far it's been a very pleasant one.

Iris (Eau de toilette) comes in a rather chunky 100ml bottle which surprisingly only costs £24. What a bargain ... however it's only a bargain if it smells good. And it does. I have been wearing everyday with compliments aplenty.

Iris has a vintage feel about it from the design of the bottle to the artwork to the fragrance itself. With top notes of natural Italian bergamot and cassis and base notes of exotic sandalwood, patchouli, fresh vetiver, natural cedarwood and creamy musk it sounds like a busy concoction but works very well to deliver a sensuous, fresh but subtle scent.

The artwork for Iris was designed by Bella Towse, a graduate of Central St Martin's whose inspiration came from her parents garden. A simple and delicate illustration of an Iris is etched on the bottle, an attractive addition to the dressing table.

Crabtree & Evelyn's Iris is also available in body and home products. Why don't you try before you buy and request a sample here.

Now that I have been introduced to this brand, I think I'd like to look further. Does anyone have any Crabtree & Evelyn recommendations?

x

2 comments:

  1. I love iris flower... but I also didn't know it's the most expensive perfume note made. I ordered a sample. I knew someone named Iris in school, but lost touch. Too bad, because it said she could get a free bottle with ID proof of her name. Does this have iris in it? Sometime they can combine notes to mimic the scent of a certain note.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Rebecca Thats really interesting, I didn't realise Iris was the most expensive perfume note. I have checked the ingredients and apparantly this particular scent is from orris root which is the heart of the iris.

    You sounds like you know a lot more about these things than I do though, I'm still learning, is orris root just as expensive or a cheaper option?

    whatever the case, it's still a very lovely perfume.

    xx

    ReplyDelete