Friday 24 September 2010

I've been Ombred!

Last week I posted about Ombre hair and the fact I was going to attempt the transition from one block colour to a graduated shade known as Ombre.

Well I did it!

And I blimmin' well like it!


What do you think then? I understand it's not everyones cup of tea but I was really dying for something a little bit different and somewhat 'cooler' than my current 'do' that I had become bored with.

I went to my regular stylist for this (Stacie at Absolute on Sauchiehall Street for those interested) and instead of just wacking on the bleach to the ends of my hair, she systematically applied to the ends of my hair, sometimes backcombing sections before application to achieve a more natural, less contrived finish.

I have to admit I was so nervous waiting for the colour to develop. I started to imagine it would just look like one big hot mess but no, I am happy with the final result. It's not too in your face and is a good base to continue with on my ombre mission. Next time I plan to go slightly lighter on the ends for an even more graduated effect.


I asked Stacie to curl/wave my hair slightly which she did by twisting sections of my hair as she blowdryed ... I didn't realise it was so easy. Stacie told me that generally your hair will hold curl better this way, better than it would hold a ghd curl.

So there we go, I popped my Ombre cherry and I liked it!

x

27 comments:

  1. Love it, it looks great! Really like how she blowdryed it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wheeeet weeeel - it's just gorgeous girlie! ... looking forward to seeing it straightened too, but the curl is super pretty

    a x
    girlinthecityglasgow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like it, gives it lovely depth and texture xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like it! It looks so natural and beautiful!
    http://pelininstyleenglish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my god! I absolutely love this!
    I've wanted this done for ages but had no clue what it was called or even that you could get it done at the hairdressers!
    Thanks for another fab post!!

    Kxo

    www.lipglossandrockandroll.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it, sweety! You look so stylish!
    XOXO
    Catanya

    ReplyDelete
  7. stunning, I am so jealous, that is celeb ready!
    Bx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks stunning, especially the style!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I for one think this looks gorgeous. I mind running the idea of this past flat mate/best mate and she was like "No Claire...you will look horrendous"...she clearly can't see the ombre vision ;)

    Anyway you look lovely miss

    Claire
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow I love it on you! Looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It works really well on you and looks v soft and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it! It suits you so well xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful lady, beautiful hair!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Look awesome! I've been tempted with it myself and seeing how great it looks on you is making me want it NOW! Great blog, will defo be back :-)

    Love TBAG xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this look and style, ombre definately suits you! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. It looks stunning, and I love the way she dried it - I might try to do that myself! The Ombre look really suits you! You must be so pleased!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It looks lovely, I'm going to try the twisting technique too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. OH Saskia i love it!!! You really suit it and it looks amazing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am itching to add chunky bleached pieces to the hair on the sides that you would see when you put your hair in a ponytail a la Leah from Bad Girls Club...nervous though! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  20. And the ombre affect is gorgeous on you!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love it!! I'm about to go for a dramatic change too...plat blonde - inky black. I'm really nervous. Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  22. MASSIVE Thank you for all the positive comments! Very much appreciated and so kind of you all xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, you look amazing, it's really natural!

    I've been thinking about doing my hair like this for quite some time now, but I have dark brown roots so I won't be going very light, I want it to look as natural as possible!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Looks really great on you, love the subtle transition!

    x

    ReplyDelete