Wednesday 15 December 2010

Cinderella Cinderella ...

Last night I had a delightful evening at the Theatre Royal in Glasgow for Scottish Ballet's opening night performance of Cinderella.

I was really excited for this performance mainly because the costumes had been described as Galliano meets Westwood meets Warhol ... eye candy for sure. And of course, Cinderella is the ultimate fairytale that all us girls grew up with ... it was a must see.

I met up with fellow bloggers Rani (http://www.cupcakecouture.co.uk/), Ayden (http://mydollface.blogspot.com/), Kirsty (http://fortyfoursunsets44.blogspot.com/) and of course Ann (http://www.girlinthecityglasgow.com/) who made the whole event possible. Thank you!

I took along my husband who I was sure would fall asleep as he was a stand in for my friend who had worryingly been hospitalised with pneumonia (not to worry, she is doing well) but incredibly he absolutely loved the performance and raved about it througout it and after.

It was a colourful and humorous performance which was brought to life by an amazing cast of dancers, especially the Ugly Sisters who made the show for me. The set was also amazing with numerous backgrounds taking us from the slum kitchen where Cinderella scrubbed the floors, to the ballroom to the clock striking midnight.

It was truly a magical show which I am sure these images convey to you.

Something I found out today from Ann is that instead of having a make up artist for the dancers, a look is created and the dancers themselves copy it and apply their own make up at each performance. Some of the looks for this show were fabulous so I was very impressed to know it was all the dancers own hand.

If you are interested in seeing this wonderful performance of Cinderella ... you can get tickets for the following cities & dates;

Glasgow14th –31st December

Edinburgh 12th-15th January

Aberdeen 19th-22nd January

Inverness 26th-29th January

Belfast 2-5th February

x

3 comments:

  1. Was really great to meet you girlie :) Haha I think your husband seemed like he enjoyed it! and rian's boyfriend too! :p Did I read on twitter that you are off to berlin soon?! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab to meet you too ... must get a scottish blogger meet up at some point :) Yes, I am off to Berlin in the morning - can't wait - I love it there in the winter when its snowy and the christmas markets are in full swing ... beer and bratwurst here i come! :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I´m a ballet lover, I was ballet dancer when I whas younger! I love this, but my favourite show in the world is The swan lake, of course!!
    Xxxx

    www.1cenicientamoderna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete