Tuesday 21 December 2010

The Water Bobble

Every year I hear (and I also pledge to) the same old new years resolutions. Similar goals that haven't been achieved the year before are carried over to the next year and so on.

Most of these goals are usually to do with losing weight, saving money, starting a new hobby etc.

Instead of writing up resolutions that I won't stick to this year I want to gradually introduce all the new things/improvements to my life that I always talk about but never actually do. I don't really need a list to tell me to do it or the 1st January to be the motivator. Heck, I am always hungover on the 1st January anyway so it's never a good day to start a diet!

One of the first things to be introduced on my journey of self improvement otherwise known as a new years resolution is to ... drink more water.

A long time ago I used to drink nothing but water but more recently Diet Coke has become my fuel for life. Tut tut... I couldn't have chosen a worse drink really. When I am thirsty instead of reaching for l'eau de la vie ... i literally crave some of the brown bubbly stuff.

This is where I get to tell you about my new favourite thing. And it's not make up. Or clothes. Or shoes.

Its the Water Bobble.

It's an attractively and ergonomically shaped water bottle with an attached filter. You pour your water from the tap, insert the filter and drink away. It even has a sports cap for no spills :)

The idea behind it is that we spend so much money on bottled water that this little gadget is here to save you some mula and give you safe clean water to drink. The filter itself lasts up to 300 bottles worth of water but can be replaced for only a fiver.

In Scotland we have pretty good tap water so you might wonder why the need? As much as the water is safe to drink, I sometimes notice a tinny taste, whether this be my imagination or not, it genuinely puts me off drinking straight from the tap. And of course, when it comes to going to the shop to purchase a bottle of mineral water, well the diet coke sitting beside it is just too tempting.

So the water bobble is ideal for me and since purchasing last weekend there's been a noticeable increase in the amount of water I drink. I take it everywhere with me and means I can fill up anywhere too.

The bottles come in various sizes but I purchased the 550ml. It cost around £9.99 from the Harvey Nichols pop up store in St Enochs centre, Glasgow. I am unsure if this is available to buy online as the website is American so you may have to check they ship to the UK.

I love it ... I think it would even be a cool stocking filler.

Aside that, is anyone else boycotting new years resolutions this year?


x

8 comments:

  1. Hellooo, thank you for your lovely comments xx
    I think you're being really positive in the way you're looking at resolutions, drinking more water us always good. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you reach for eau de vie when you're thirsty? Did you really mean that? or did you mean evian water? There is about 45% of alcohol in eau de vie! lol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, this could be the perfect present for my really hard to buy for brother. I saw this on a blog yesterday, but guessed it would only be available in america! How handy, I can pop into st enoch's tomorrow.

    Anna x

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Em x aw you're welcome, i'm so pleased to hear about your gorgeous bubbas arrival and you doing well :)
    One step at a time with the water eh? Might take me a bit longer to give up the chocolate he he xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. @liloo ah so you spotted that I can't speak french ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Pink Pom Poms Yes, its a great wee pressie! Just spotted on your blog you were in Sharm, we were there through the shark attacks - managed to get one day of snorkelling though, all limbs intact, phew ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. In September I madw my new academic years resolution- I do thm thn instead, because its easier to keep thm with longer days and sunshine :) Mine is still going strong :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know that tinny taste you speak of :( haha feel like I need to run the tap for a couple mins before I can take a glass of it, dunno if that makes a difference though! What a useful wee invention. xx

    ReplyDelete