Friday 10 December 2010

There's a shark in the water!!

I'm back ... and in one piece, just!

I've had a wonderful 10 days in Egypt ... we crammed as much chilling out into the holiday as we did activities and excursions - quad biking in the desert, a trip to Luxor to see the Valley of the Kings, Karnak Temple and the Temple of Hatshepsut, a boat ride down the Nile, snorkelling in the Red Sea but unfortunately that particular activity was short lived.

There were 5 shark attacks during my time in Egypt, one resulting in a fatality which meant our 2 day diving and snorkelling trip to Ras Mohammed had to be cancelled. Such a shame but as they say, better safe than sorry!

It literally felt like a scene from Jaws when the lifeguards had to whistle for all the snorkellers to come back to shore ...exciting and scary at the same time. Absolutely devastating for the tourists involved in the attacks ... my heart goes out to them all.

Still at least we managed to leave the chaos of the snow and cold weather behind us for a short time, it really is a huge shock to the system to come home to double layering and wearing socks again - i do miss my flip flops :(

I feel completely out of the blogging loop since my vacation so this weekend will be mostly spent indoors, all cosy and snug catching up on twitter and all my fave blogs ... until next weekend of course, when I jet off to Berlin for a long weekend of food, drink, christmas markets and good times! :)

x

5 comments:

  1. The shark attack was all over the news! :o Glad you're safe though and had fun! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're OK and that your holiday was a success. We were in Sharm a couple of years back. We remember joking with diving instructors about how you don't get sharks in Egypt, they were like 'silly tourists, not in these waters'!! Global; warming I guess!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I kept thnking about you whenever I heard about the attacks! Glad your home safe!

    www.cupcakecouture.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. whats your name on instagram love ya piccys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Mary Mo Thanks :) I'm saskiafairy on instagram x

    ReplyDelete