Thursday 23 December 2010

Leather Up!

The last time I wore leather that didn't come in the form of a jacket, shoes or bag was about 10 years ago. I had a gorgeous knee length leather skirt that subsequently got kicked to the kerb one day when I felt it looked a little dated.

Truth is I wish I had kept it. Leather like denim is a classic and always comes back around every so many seasons.

With the recent re-popularity of leather, I decided to invest in a few pieces to keep me looking spruced up through the winter months. The thing about it this time round is that it can be worn casual giving a quirky edge to your look. Years ago daytime leather would have been left to Cher and ladies of the night but by todays standard it is tres chic!

In the last month, I have purchased short length leather trousers from River Island, An faux leather a-line mini skirt from Miss Selfridge and a gorgeous tan faux leather dress with cap sleeves from H&M. Next on my list is leather shorts - I have spied a great pair in Topshop but think I will wait for the January sales.

What better excuse for some stye inspiration photos - hopefully I can wear my it as well as some of these stylistas...




I like to wear my leather skirt with shoe boots and tights although as soon as the temperature becomes a bit more reasonable I will be going bare legged with my leather. I prefer stiletto style heels or a round toed platform with my leather trousers.

The best thing about leather that you may not have necessarily assumed is that it is so flattering ... as long as you purchase the correct and size and shape for your body.

Are you buying into the leather trend? Cher or Chic?


x

3 comments:

  1. I love the look of leather shorts! Not sure if I could pull them off, but they do look great! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had an unexplainable need for leather trousers for months now, although my attempts to acquire one so far has resulted in major fails. I had an Etsy seller run off with my money & the H&M pair I did nab off ebay were too small.

    You would think I would give up right but no! I too, have my eyes wide open and I know with the onset of the sales, they shall be mine *cueevillaugh*

    ReplyDelete