Wednesday 15 December 2010

OPI Katy Perry Collection

Just like many make up brands OPI have set the standard in the nail world by releasing new collections time and time again reflecting current trends and pop culture.

The next collection due in January is a collaboration with the gorgeous Katy Perry. Like her or not she is absolutely stunning and never afraid to take risks in the style department.

This collection reflects the fun, colourful image of the new Mrs Brand offering four shades and a crackling topcoat. Teenage Dream (a pink shade with holographic glitter), Not Like the Movies (a dirty silvery green color), Last Friday Night (a glittery purplish blue), The One That Got Away (a deep pink berry color), and Black Shatter (crackling topcoat creates a cracked-like pattern - Barry M seem to have got in there first).

I was sent some of the collection to review and the one that jumped out at me most was Teenage Dream. It's such a pretty shade but as I do with most glitter polishes, I apply over a complimentary opaque shade. In this case it was Barry M's Mushroom and I find that it works really well.

It's such a pretty look and the glitter is really effective, shimmering and sparkling in the light. Unlike other glitter polishes it retains it's sparkle rather than looking a bit tired and dull after a few days. As for chipping, I haven't noticed any after 3 days.
I haven't tried this polish on it's own so can't comment on it's true quality applied without a base shade but with another colour it is just lovely. I think this is a cute collection and will definitely appeal to Katy Perry fans.

x

2 comments:

  1. Ooh I love the look of this! I do love a glitter polish, especially at this time of year :)! And it being Katy Perry just makes it even cuter!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought the Katy Perry Mini Pack from shoprush.co.uk so I got all the shades for just £12.75! They are so fab!
    x

    ReplyDelete