Thursday 30 December 2010

Illamasqua NOTD: Shades of grey ...

Sales shopping has been a bit of a fail for me this year. I got into town, went to roughly 4 shops and just gave up. It was far too busy, the shops were full of strewn clothes in odd sizes and I decided I had better things to be getting on with.

However, thats not to say I didn't manage to pick up a few things, one of which was this lovely nail polish duo from Illamasqua.

Illamasqua nail polishes are one of my favourites, they are always super pigmented, usually only require one coat ... and no chipping for days.

This duo set was marked down to £20 from £26 ... still pricey but I knew from experience the quality would be great. Unusually, I went for a grey shade called DWS and a silver glitter called Harsh.

Neither colour particularly suit me and in the past I would never have considered grey nails but I was looking for something a bit different and thought I would give it a go while they were down in price.

I am pleasantly surprised at how pretty it looks on my nails. Grey is a sophisticated shade for the winter and the sparkle gives a festive finish.

I am especially impressed with the glitter polish which is just FULL ON glitter for the nails, it is amazing. One coat and your nails are a sparkly delight, 2 coats complete the bling. I wear it over the grey base which comes up lovely. I can tell it's gonna be a bitch to remove though.

What do you think of grey for the nails?

x

2 comments:

  1. This just gave me an idea for polish to wear tonight, celebrating new years. I don't have these colors but do have both a grey and a silver glitter. So thanks! I just haven't been able to figure out what to do with my nails ;)

    And I've never tried illamasqua nail polish, but I just might have to make that my new years resolution.
    Have great new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the silver glittery polish!
    i posted a notd yesterday which included some glitter (completely out of my comfort zone, or so i thought lol)
    check it out :)

    sarahbox04.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete