Saturday 7 May 2011

Britain's Brush: Oral B Challenge Update!

So it's been nearly 4 weeks since I originally posted about the Oral B Professional Care 500 electric toothbrush and it's time to let you know what I think.

In my original post I mentioned that 9 out of 10 people who use a power brush never go back to traditional brushing... and ya know what?  I can see why.

Using the Oral B PC500 encouraged me to brush my teeth for a full 2 minutes ... not only that when concentrating on areas of the mouth for up to 30 seconds at a time, the rotating head is doing all the hard work for you and really getting into the nooks and crannies.  Every 30 seconds the brush re-rotates itself reminding you to move onto the next quarter of your mouth.  It's the toothbrush that thinks for you.
Me, my cheeser and my Oral B PC500 :D

There are different heads that come with the brush and I particularly liked the one that is a flossing aid.  It really gets in those hard to reach areas of the mouth.

My teeth feel much smoother and look more polished using the power brush.  What was especially noticeable for me was that the teeth at the back of my mouth always felt fresh and clean.  Using a manual brush I can find it hard to reach into those areas making sure all grime is removed.  

The power brush also really helps clean in about your gums where a normal toothbrush isn't as precise or easy to manoeuvre.  The battery also lasts forever, I have only had to recharge it once this past 4 weeks which I think is amazing.

Overall my mouth feels fresher, cleaner, smoother and my teeth certainly look a little bit shinier and more dazzling.  I don't want to turn my back on traditional cleaning but the power brush is definitely what I reach for first in the mornings.

In fact, while the Oral B PC500 is on special offer I have picked up a couple as gifts for friends.  What better gift than a gorgeous pearly smile?!

Did you take part in the challenge?  How did you find it?

x

7 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about switching to a rechargeable toothbrush for a while now and I think you've just given me the push I needed. I love the fact that this one has a timer on it, I don't think I brush my teeth long enough sometimes! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! I used to have an electric toothbrush but managed to loose it somewhere along the way of moving houses! I always noticed a difference like you because I'm sooo lazy with manual brushing - I'm going to have a look for this today as it's such a bargain! (I'm hoping Argos is my man as i'm too impatient to wait for a delivery he he) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great when you find THE toothbrush for you. It makes dental care actually fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a good innovation by Oral B and we hope it will be widely distributed in the public soon. The flexibility of our hands in brushing can only go so far. There are areas that are really hard to reach and oftentimes we do not even bother to reach.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been an Oral B user for many years now and I can really say that this product is giving me the best dental hygiene ever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always use Oral B tooth brush every time I brush my teeth. There is something in this product that makes it the best toothbrush available today. By the way, I have stocks of Oral B toothbrush at home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm more of a manual tooth brush kinda woman. I've already been told by my friends to try Oral B electric toothbrushes, and this post really pushed me to do it.

    cosmetic dentist sydney

    ReplyDelete