Monday 16 May 2011

Cheek of the Week: NEW CID i-blush

It's not often I am gifted a product to review and I end up wearing it every single day without fail.  New CID's i-blush has got me doing just that.

I-blush is a blush/highlighter duo that comes neatly packaged in a square compact with mirror and most exciting of all LED lights so you can freshen up your make up on the go day or night.



The blush is a lovely warm pink shade with hints of gold which reminds me ever so slightly of Nars Orgasm, certainly in the same shade family at least.  The highlighter is a warm golden shade that creates a gorgeous glow that doesn't overwhelm the rest of your make up.
Warm pink blush (left) Golden highlighter (right)

What I like in particular about this product isn't just the fact that the shades suit me perfectly or apply softly with a satin like finish or that it lasts all day ... the bonus for me is that the highlighter is suitable for daytime use and is a space saving solution to something that is otherwise bulky to carry around in your bag.

I usually forego highlighter during the day as it usually lends itself on the shimmery side which I don't think is appropriate for daylight hours however a soft touch gives just the sheen you need to give a healthy daytime glow.  Highlighters generally also come housed in quite a large palette and the i-blush avoids this by teaming it up with the complementary universal pink blush therefore taking up less space in an already crowded make up bag.

If you fancy trying out the i-blush, it's available on the NEW CID website for £24.00 which I think it's quite a bargain for these 2 gorgeous products.

Has anyone else tried the i-blush?  What other New CID products do you recommend?

x

2 comments:

  1. those colors look gorgeous for summer and i love the little lights in the compact! so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How great are these LED lights? I'll recommend it to my friend who always complains that there isn't enough light in the restroom to re-fresh her make up, when we go clubbing. :) X

    http://mademoiselle-la-la.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete