Tuesday 3 May 2011

Clo Collective

A chance meeting about a year ago between a close friend and the very talented Sharon Pringle and Wendy Murray led to my discovery of Scottish fashion label Clo.  

Sharon and Wendy who are the creatives behind Clo met as students at Glasgow School of Art and decided to form their label after realising they had a shared love of architecture, colour and bold, graphic patterns.

Clo create luxe scarves in bold, eye catching designs with all their garments being printed and finished in Glasgow.  The word Clo itself is a Gaelic term which can mean both printing and cloth which says it all really.

"Much of our individual design work is derived from architecture that has inspired us in cities such as Copenhagen, Glasgow, London and Berlin, and so it seemed obvious for us to do a project together after graduation. We then realised a significant gap in the market for graphic, luxurious yet affordable scarves and so our project became our business."

Sharon and Wendy very kindly sent me a scarf and cape sample so I could see for myself the quality, beauty and appeal of their brand.  The cape was part of a collaboration with Charlotte Jenkins, Charlotte designed the cape while Clo created the wonderful lining.

I had fully intended on incorporating these items into an OOTD of the day and I did half way get there but the photos didn't come out well, so instead I can only showcase from the hanger but I am sure these gorgeous prints speak for themself.

Charlotte Jenkins Cape

A sneak peek of the wonderful Clo lining

Cadogan design
 This particular lining is called Cadogan and just like Sharon and Wendy mentioned, it is inspired by architecture using geometric patterns and bold colours.




I adore this scarf by Clo, from the splattered pattern to the Clo branding to the contrasting burgundy underside.  The scarf is a great length making it versatile so it can be used as a belt, scarf, head band.  I tried many looks with it and loved wearing as a belt as it goes with so many things, alas, no photos.  What a blogging fail I am!

If you like these designs I urge you to go and have a look at what else Clo has to offer at their website www.clocollective.com .... and as surface designers, they don't just stop and scarf and bespoke linings ... they will also be getting involved in creating patterns for rugs, ceramics and tiles.  That I cannot wait to see!!

x


1 comment:

  1. AWESOME I love love love discovering new brands! Can't get enough of that splatter-print, it's divine! xx

    ReplyDelete