Sunday 15 May 2011

Style Crush: Taylor Tomasi-Hill

I had seen photos of Taylor Tomasi-Hill plastered all over the internet for such a long time and even had many images of her saved in my own personal inspiration file but I never knew her name or who she was until recent weeks.

The cats eye glasses are to die for and the lip colour is lush!

A fluffy leopard print stole - I want!

 Turns out Taylor Tomasi-Hill is style and accessories editor for US Marie Claire.  That's not really important to me although it does explain the countless photographs and experienced style she exudes, what I care about is how flipping brilliant she looks and how unique (or as unique as you can get these days) her look is.

Easy colour blocking with a yellow skirt and bright blue clutch
Bold colours teamed with a pinky nude clutch - works perfectly
Naturally, it was her red hair that attracted me to her look ... being a 'Redhead for Life', I adore catching sight of fellow copper tops and their sartorial choices.  Taylor's locks however, is her best kept secret, refusing to disclose who colours her hair.  


For years I have been trying to style up basic pieces through the power of accessorising.  When all else fails and I can't find something half decent to wear, I resort to jeans, heels, white vest and layers of accessories.  Depending on the accessory you can have 3 or 4 different outfits for the price of 1 and it seems that Taylor's ethos isn't too disimilar.

She styles basics (albeit designer basics I'm sure) with the finesse that only an accessories editor can.  From her Chanel bags to her Norma Kamali cat's eye glasses - which are to die for, she dresses up or down the most basic of looks.

I love Taylor's use of bold colours, leopard print and a healthy mixture between skyscraper heels and sneakers.  Her look is not for the shrinking violet but pretty inoffensive too leaving you admiring her edgy sophistication with daring choices in just the right dose.

Am I the only one late catching on to Taylor's inspirational style direction?

x

10 comments:

  1. Never seen her before but I love it!
    I love her hair, and her accessory styling is amazing - I'm envious.
    Definitely a notable style crush of mine from now on!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of her before either, but I can definitely see why you have saved her pics for inspiration!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for commenting and following, it means a lot. :)
    And I'm sure they'd look great on! Here's Lindsay Lohan in them -
    http://shop4me.onsugar.com/Lindsay-Lohan-Topshop-Kosy-Slippers-15125019

    Love it!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nope...never heard of her either, but I agree she looks great. Completely different body shape (body everything!) to me, so I'm sure I'd look properly daft if I attempted to emulate her look mind. Be sure to let me know if you spy any stylish plump pygmies now girlie ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ditto - never clocked her either but I am SO in agreement on the lipcolour/glasses combo in picture one. I wanted cat's eye glasses anyway and this has just kicked desire into overdrive! And the hair? Divine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who? Never heard of her. I actually think YOU dress better than her...

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm gonna agree with Y here, she looks great but i think you do it better! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, love, love her lipstick on the first pic! X

    http://mademoiselle-la-la.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. @vexinthecity @millmollmac ... thats a lovely thing to say but i think you're mad, if only you could see the state of me today ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving this lady so much! But yeah, you defo give her a run for her money dollface! xxx

    ReplyDelete