Saturday 30 July 2011

Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray

I haven't worn my hair down in ages.  Most of the time these days I scrape it up into a top knot and it is only on the odd occasion I style it down.

Needless to say all that tying up of the hair is making my scalp a bit sensitive and I sometimes get the odd headache so I thought I would give it a rest today.

I didn't want to go through the old hoo ha of washing, drying, styling, straightening my hair malarkey so I left it to do what it wanted which was a bit of a messy mass on my head.  It needed something, so I dug deep in my drawer of hair goodies (yes, I do have a dedicated drawer, bag, and bathroom cabinet dedicated to hair products!) ...  and out came Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray.  

Now I bought this such a long time ago with the aim to use it on holiday but in the end it only got used on a handful of occasions, mainly because my hair wasn't quite long enough at the time to suit a tousled barnet and the fact that I wasn't completely sold on it. 

I have been told by many that this surf spray is the best out of legions of sea salt spray products but for me I am not too sure. 

True, it has given me the texture that was required for my already beach wavey hairstyle but I can't help feel that it doesn't actually add to the wave in my hair which is what I want it to do.  In fact, my hair probably had more wave before applying the spray.  I want to 'spray and scrunch' and appear to have naturally beachy locks.  


I am not sure Bumble & Bumble does this.  Texture is all it gave me and in some areas of my hair the texture seemed a little 'coated' so to speak, as if I had applied a tonne of 80's style hair spray.  

I think it's great for a temporary fix and would be a heck of a lot better if my hair had been pre curled but for effortlessly beach ready hair I think there has got to be something better out there.  I would use this spray again in the event that I don't find anything better and if my hair has been curled or waved prior to using it.

I have a few more similar products that I can test my theory on so I will endeavour to keep you posted.

What's your favourite sea salt hair product? 

x

2 comments:

  1. The wave making and curl defining spray from Living Proof might be better. It definitely made my wavy/slightly curly hair more curly and defined. It's a bit sticky but not overly so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Kat ooh thank you, will look out for that one x

    ReplyDelete