Tuesday 19 July 2011

Champagne Pamper Package at The Bonham/Chamomile Sanctuary

Last month after a very hectic week of awards, events and blatant nose to the grind, my girl Ann from girl in the city and I headed East for a day of pampering and indulgence with the Chamomile Sanctuary and The Bonham.

Starting off at the very plush Restaurant at The Bonham where food is rooted in French tradition using Scotland's abundant natural larder.  Chef Michel Bouyer has been awarded two coveted AA rosettes for the restuarant, in recognition of his creative flair.


Ann and I arrived to a glass of bubbly and a Market Menu to make the mouth water.  Two courses was on offer but being us, a little bit greedy some might say, we went for three! :)  Although we arrived at a quiet hour, the atmosphere is relaxed with a minimalist urban interior keeping a little bit of cool about this very gorgeous traditional building.  It goes without saying, the food was just beautiful.  From my risotto to the melt in the mouth lamb I ordered, it all went down a treat.

Suitably stuffed, we were then whisked away in a complimentary taxi to the Chamomile Sanctuary for an afternoon of pampering as part of their Pamper package. 


A set choice of treatments is available with this offer and while Ann went for the blissful option of a masssage, I decided to face my fear and get my very first pedicure.  

I have very very tickly feet as well as the fact that my feet are just plain U-G-L-Y but my therapist made me feel comfortable, relaxed and she also seemed to have the midas touch when it came to fondling my tootsies.  No tickly moments and no kick in the face for her ... smiles all round.   I had a huge choice of polishes and in the end went with a gorgeous milky lilac.  For your own sakes, I have chosen not to display a photo of my trotters but rest assured they looked the lushest they have ever looked after some Chamomile TLC.


The Chamomile is in a central but quiet location in Edinburgh and is beautifully elegant on the inside.  The decor makes for a relaxing visit in itself and the staff are all so helpful and friendly.  


Needless to say, Ann and I hit a couple of cocktail bars before we headed home, feeling very blissed out and refreshed from such a treat! 


So where might one take advantage of an offer like this?  Well you can purchase this offer for £75 per person, which is a steal for such a lavish day of pleasure and play,  directly through Chamomile Sanctuary or The Bonham.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment