Thursday 14 July 2011

NOTD: NYC Times Square

I have had a heap of NYC colour polishes lying in a drawer for ages now - most of them going unloved.  I got round to trying this one the other day when I did the 'shut your eyes, dip your hand in and paint with whatever colour you pull out' method.

I picjed out an NYC shade in Times Square.  What I immediately liked about it was that it wasn't quite a true red but certainly not a pink or orange either.  It's an unusual mix of all three and no matter how hard I tried I couldn't capture the true shade.



It applied opaque after 2 coats and gave a lovely glossy finish with no topcoat.  It may have been the lack of topcoat that caused it to chip quickly or it could have been the poor condition of my nails - I'm not really sure.

I do like these NYC shades and should really continue to pay attention to their range - it is so reasonably priced at around £3 (can't remember exact cost) that they are a great solution for updating seasonal nail trends.

x

2 comments:

  1. I love this colour, I've not actually tried NYC polishes before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree with you, this is my fav colour to wear especially in summer! Got it for a bargain £1.79!! Have you tried their Color Wheel Mosaics....they're amazing!

    ReplyDelete