Thursday 28 July 2011

Rock the Kasbah!

I simply can't take it anymore, I NEED a holiday, so this week I booked a cheeky week in Morocco.  Three nights in Marrakech, 4 nights by the coast in Essaouira.

Some twitter friends helped me finally make a decision with tales of their own great experiences in Morocco.  Sometimes you gotta just love twitter.

It goes without saying, I am now obsessing over blogs inspired by Marrakech, looking for the best places to go and see and also looking for some inspiration for my holiday wardrobe.









I plan on making like Jade Jagger, kaftaning it up and accessorising for a bit of glam.  Hippy chic is what I like to call it ;)

Hopefully I will get the best of both worlds by staying in a Riad in the centre of the Medina in Marrakech before moving on to somewhere more plush by the sea in Essaouira.  I have longed to visit Morocco since I was a teenager so this is a bit of a dream trip for me, not sure why I left it quite so long.

I would love to hear from anyone who has been, where you recommend going, seeing, doing etc ... I have quite a few ideas but I don't want to miss a thing!!

I look forward to well and truly rocking the kasbah ... can't come quick enough!

x

6 comments:

  1. Looks amazing! Ive never been! I would be interested to know what you think of it! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds fab Saskia, hope you have a great time! xo

    www.septembersparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to seeing some hippy chic outfit posts! Was so tempted to go to Morocco this year, the colours look fabulous.

    Caz x
    www.mystylisms.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. you must go to a local bath house when your there. Your skin will be so amazing once they're finished with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your making me excited, im off there in 2 weeks x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You must go to http://www.lesbainsdemarrakech.com/ gorgeous way to spend an afternoon.

    Marrakech is FABULOUS, we only went to Essaouira for two days, one night but would defintely go back.

    If you get a private taxi from Marrakech to Essaouira, you can go play in the Atlas Mountains for a bit too on the way.

    ReplyDelete