Monday 18 July 2011

FOTD: Pink Eye

Apologies for hideously bad quality photo booth images but it was the quickest way for me to take photos of my make up yesterday. 

I wanted to go for a soft feminine look so decided to break out all the pinks.  Eyes, lips and cheeks all in tones of soft pink.   Pink is not always the easiest shade to wear on eyes, you can potentially come out looking a little ill or bruised so tone, intensity and contour is quite important.  

This was a daytime look so I was able to keep it soft and subtle avoiding any chance of a heavy handed application.


FACE:  Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua in B40 Beige - Desert, MAC Select Cover up concealer in NC25
CHEEKS:  Bourjois Delice de Poudre Bronzer in 52 (Just started using this, review will follow!) and New CID i-glow in Coral Crush 
EYES:  Clinique Strawberry Fudge palette, MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack, MUFE Smokey Lash mascara
EYEBROWS:  Shavata eyebrow pencil
LIPS:  MAC Pro Longwear lipstick in Love Forever! smudged over lips applied with finger, topped off with Lipstick queen fifteen minutes of fame gloss in 2 minutes




A review on the Bourjois bronzer is coming up soon.  It's the first time I have properly strayed from my holy grail bronzer, Nars Laguna so I really want to let you know my thoughts.  Watch this space!

I kind of miss face of the day posts, I remember back when I started blogging it was one of the most popular type of posts from bloggers.  I quite like kicking it old school sometimes!

Are fotd posts of interest to you?  And what do you think of pink eyes ...?!
x

12 comments:

  1. Very pretty! My face never changes, but I'm always interested in seeing what other people use and the effects they can achieve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. super pretty! looking fab hun xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your hair colour, it is gorgeous! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. your hair is looking brilliant! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this look - always been too scared to put pink on my eyes personally haha!

    Don't been to be nosey but what dye did you use on your hair? Its like my dream colour!

    Much Love
    Roisin Elizabeth
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG how gorgeous are youuuu, lady?! :D Love this FOTD (always love a good Fotd, so inspiring) - you've pulled off the pink eyes vair vair well! Very soft and sweet xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Wonderland Girl Thanks! The colour on my hair is L'oreal Richesse Saffron Mahoganay however my hair is naturally dark red, auburn which kind of helps achieve this colour xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the look , its so pretty!

    I've just found your blog and i'm now following.

    The doll on fashion

    Enter my giveaway to win a ZARA leather bag!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty in pink! Love the lip colour too! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pink can be an extremely hard colour to pull off but with the delicate shade you've chosen you pulled it off nicely. Might try the same shade as my skintone is similar to yours. x

    ReplyDelete