Friday 15 July 2011

Initial Jewellery

Ever since way back in the days of Carrie in Sex and the City where the obsession for name necklaces grew - the trend has continued and evolved in different forms.

Instead of full names emblazoned on our decolletage, the minimalist approach has been introduced, reducing it to just an initial.

From scrabble jewellery to dainty necklaces, there is always a new and unique way to combine our accessories with our identity.

Scrabble ring sourced from Folksy

sourced from Etsy

Sourced from Urban Outfitters

For me this has come in the form of these cute little rings from Urban Outfitters.
Despite the fact they turn my finger green (nothing that can't be fixed with some clear nail polish), at £8 each they look lovely stacked and worn alongside bigger rings.

Do you wear initial or named jewellery/accessories?  How do you wear yours?

x

4 comments:

  1. I love love tiny initial things, and have wanted one of these since forever!
    https://catbirdnyc.com/shop/product.php?productid=17037&cat=297&page=1

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those rings!! I too want a necklace in my name :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love simple initial necklaces however having a "Z" initial means I rarely come across them in Topshop / Urban Outfitters!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't wear any initial kind of jewellery but my girlfriend has one. It's our name initials engrave on a dangling sapphire earring.

    ReplyDelete