Tuesday 10 January 2012

BY TERRY LIGNE BLACKSTAR

I rarely leave the house without eyeliner, preferably of the black kind.  I sometimes venture into navy or deep browns but most days black is my friend.

My eye seems to look naked without liner but my problem with black is that it doesn't do the 'natural' look very well.  And sometimes, just sometimes, I would like a less made up look.

This brings me to By Terry's liquid liner Ligne Blackstar.  I was sent this to review and although excited by the fact I was getting to try out some By Terry for the first time, the fact I was sent a liner in the shade 'GREY MOTION' severely disappointed.

When was I ever going to wear grey eyeliner, I thought to myself.  This product lay for weeks and weeks before I even picked it up to try out.  I was convinced it wasn't for me but then I put my colour reservations aside and decided to go ahead and review anyway.  Of course, I would still be able to critique it's pigmentation, application and lasting abilities despite my hatred of how it might look on me.



Using fountain pen technology, with a slim brush shaped like a felt tip and housed in a sleek silver packaging, By Terry Ligne Blackstar doesn't necessarily stand out from other liquid tip liners.  Where it differs is not in it's smooth and easy application made so by it's design or that it lasts the full day (that's 8 hours of a work day to you and me) without requiring a touch up but it's the fact that after daily use of it in the last 2 weeks, it still hasn't dried out.  Every day I expect to have to apply a little more pressure to see the end result but no, it's going strong.  I realise it's only a couple of weeks but I literally expected it to dry up within days.


Now lets discuss 'Grey Motion'.  Applied to the eye this shade of grey gives a subtle definition that maintains the glam factor without looking too 'done'.  It's the type of liner I could apply to go to the gym, climb a hill or catch the red eye without looking like I had spent hours in front of the mirror.  There really is nothing worse when people give disapproving looks at your made up face will slogging out a 5k round the block 10 times with a MAC Fluidline Winehouse flick!

Still visible and creating definition to the eye after 8+hours of wear


So too, I have found this a perfect option for work.  I still look polished and presentable without having my eyes appear heavily made up with black liner.  This means I can save my dark liner for occasions where I like my make up to pack a real punch! In fact, this liner is so easy to use, I think I will probably ending up buying it in black too.

It looks like I am convert, grey is definitely a winner for a natural, sophisticated look without always having to look like the make up junkie I actually am!  By Terry Ligne Blackstar is available in 5 shades, including black, at Space NK. RRP £25.

Could grey be the new black?

x

1 comment:

  1. i'll have to try this out then! i have nothing coming from that brand!

    http://munchmecat.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete