Saturday 21 January 2012

Royal Raspberry

I've had an emotional rollercoaster of a week, I've experienced death, births and new beginnings ... a poignant week in my life that won't be forgotten for a long time but thankfully for all the right reasons.  

One constant in my week which has been my lipstick. Sad but true.  I found a stash of Barry M lipsticks hidden away in a drawer which meant I was able to reacquaint myself with some old favourites.


Barry M's lip paint in 141 Royal Raspberry is a gorgeous deep raspberry shade erring on the gothic side of blackened red.  It has a slight shimmer to it, almost appearing metallic in its tube.  I have worn every day this week and haven't found it drying at all.  It's pigment is lovely and quite long lasting.  When it does begin to fade their is still enough stain on the lips to maintain colour but I still love to reapply to make sure I keep that shade of deep glistening raspberry.




Barry M Lip Paints are £4.49 from Superdrug or online at the Barry M website.

It was a long time coming but yesterday I eventually got round to sorting out my barnet.  I had it re-dyed and trimmed which really gave it a little boost of shine and bounce again (no, I didn't go for multicolour unfortunately :( ).  Instead of my usual blow dry finish, Stacie, my hair fairy, tried out a conical wand on my hair to give me some voluminous waves.



The result had a bit of a 70's feel to it which I loved.  Stacie used the Diva Conical Wand from Sally's.  It has quite a thick barrel which is perfect for big waves.  It's priced at around the £40 unless you have a Sally's membership which will get you a bit of a discount.



So far I've never invested in my own conical wand but after seeing my hair like this, I think I might buy one for myself.

Are conical wands still making an impact on you?  Share your wavy hair tips?

x

7 comments:

  1. Your hair looks amazing like that! My conical wand never comes out well on my hair, I think its my techinique as well as having no paitence! I ecently got heated rollers though and I am in LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lipstick and your hair look great! I've always been interested in the conical wands but just never got round to buying one myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow sounds like you've had some week! Hopefully you are happy though :)

    That colour is seriously amazing I love it. I use my babyliss conical wand all the time I love it it's just so easy to use.

    handbagfullofdreams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That lip colour is amazing. I really want a deepish plum whether I could pull it off is another thing! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the babyliss conical wand and it is so good, gives your hair a different type of curl. I got a berry lipstick last week but daren't wear it....think I'm going to bite the bullet and wear it out next weekend. Yours looks lush x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the lippy, this is the colour I have been lusting after all this time.
    Glad you liked the wand curls, you must buy one. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear you had such an emotional week :/

    On the lippie and hair... gorgeous lip colour... and yes I have a conical wand though my hair doesn't look nearly as good as yours does when I do it. I always used to do my curls with ghds but have given that up (almost) in favour of the wand.

    ReplyDelete