Sunday 1 January 2012

Instagramming

After buying my super cool new Canon 600D a few months ago, all I have done is take random snaps out and about as I try to get to grips with navigating my way around a DSLR.  However, lack of a good photographer or a decent spot to be photographed in, means I have neglected what I bought the camera for ... blogging!

Instead, I have stuck to my trusty iPhone camera to snap shots of blush, lipstick, brows and clothes.  Like many of you, I am hooked on Instagram as my photo app of choice and now have an album full of random pics I have captured day to day.

Here are some instagram pics of an outfit I wore a couple of days ago.

Hat: TK Maxx
Vest: Topshop
Cardigan: COS (sale)
Belt: Vintage
Leggings: Stradivarius
Boots: Topshop via Ebay
Bracelets: ROX

Where's my head at??

My flat is an absolute tip at the moment as I am packing up to move so there is no pretty or tidy area to be photographed in so this is the best I could find... a rare gap in my dressing/spare room that is literally littered with clothes and shoes at the moment!!

I wore my new Topshop boots that I found on eBay unused.  Originally £90 (they still had the pricetag on) I managed to snare them for £25.  The style is called 'Damsel' and they are a vintage, kicked in style of biker boot.  I really needed a new pair as my old biker boots had ripped at the zipper.



Jewellery wise I wore my ROX bracelets which are permanently attached to my wrist at the moment and my Ydeltuyt ring that resembles the YSL arty ring.  It had become very discoloured after too much wear though and actually broke later in the evening. RIP.

I have lots of reviews and bits and bobs to blog about .... sales shopping, new make up brushes,  lots and lots of new shoes!! .... I am hoping to fit in time to write about it all and do a bit of show & tell before I go back to work this week.  Hopefully I can share some better photos from my Canon too!

Does anyone else always resort back to their phone for photos instead of using a real camera?  I think I need to discipline myself in the ways of photography!

x

2 comments:

  1. I love your boots and your bracelets, so pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've still not got my cannon to take good outfit posts, partly because I havent read the manual (I'm so bad) and my bedroom doesnt have great light during winter! Your instgrams are good though!

    ReplyDelete