Thursday 12 January 2012

Doing it like Dot ...

I didn't end up going for the Biba beauty I posted about in my nod to Dot Cottons sartorial efforts, instead I found a cheaper alternative with a little bit of a twist to it.

Instead of the subtle, 'goes with everything' camel shade I had originally admired, I found this colourful option in New Look.  Similar in shape and style to Dot's coat, it differed in its bright jade/turquoise glory.  I love bright furs but I hadn't found very many in the shops so this was a pleasant find for me.  It also came in a gorgeous maroon shade but sadly they didn't have my size.

I managed to get this coat in the sale for around £25, believe me if the other colour had been available I would have bought both!




I think this satiates my desire for Dot's coat despite the fact it's a completely different colour.  I have already moved on to my next challenge, finding the perfect trench.

Any recommendations, let me know!

x

13 comments:

  1. Love this coat! I love finding coats that aren't just boring and black. Definitely agree with the need to find the perfect trench though - it's my mission!
    Much Love
    Roisin Elizabeth
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - gorgeous colour on you! You certainly made the right choice, it looks beautiful against your hair colour. Trench coats - you are right - finding the perfect one is a challenge!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found the Aubergine one in new look last week- so tempted to buy it! Love this colour xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was loving this coat in maroon when it was full price, AS IF they saled it without me knowing

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Eloise yes it was a maroon colour more than aubergine ... it was gorgeous - gutted they didn't have my size! x

    @Georgia you should get it - its lovely and such a good price now x

    @Wonderland Girl @Fashion Bandit The trench mission begins! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. those look so so soft!

    munchmecat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorg! I am only now beginning to conside trying to pull off the coloured faux fur look...got a long way to go!x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This colour looks great with your hair! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this - I have a bit of an obsession with fur collars, and this colour really suits you! I had my eye on a really nice Topshop one but it sold out.....I might go searching for alternatives now though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh... how ever did I miss that?!! Was in New Look for about an hour the other night. Got a few good bargains but I think you got the best one!
    Looks gorgeous on you x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahhh - this is so funny! I got the exact same one in black for Xmas and then I bought the maroon kinda colour in the sale... we'll need to watch what we're wearing next time we meet up!

    Txxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely love your colouring, and that coat really accentuates it. How is it that only one of my three sisters was blessed with beautiful fiery hair, porcelain skin and freckles while the rest of us were blessed with blah?! I'm well jel of you both! Hope you're well lovely...saw you tweeted about completing on a house - very exciting, bet you've got so many plans you want to make reality. Xxx

    ReplyDelete