Monday 2 January 2012

Mixing Metal

Following on from my last post I said I would post what I was wearing since I had taken some photos.  As always, nothing groundbreaking but was a cosy outfit for a day of doing not a lot.

My biggest problem with posting outfit photos is I just do not know how to pose and can't get over that whole stiff as cardboard look.  I am literally scared to smile, move or breathe when someone is taking my photo.  Of course, ply me with drink or get me among a group of friends and tensions ease but when it's just me and the Mr ... I just look a bit ... speshul!

Denim Shirt - H&M
Navy sweater - COS
Faux Leather/pvc jeans - New Look
Platform Boots - New Look
Chain Necklace - Topshop

Now, I know what you're thinking ... why is she wearing THOSE trousers?? Well, ya know, I just wanted to give them a go.

I have concluded my legs are definitely not skinny enough to pull them off stylishly but they have some 'give' which avoids me looking like an obese dominatrix/heavy metal enthusiast ... just!  They work better with longer tops but I like wearing them juxtaposed with a casual sweater.

I have got into the habit of wearing gold and silver jewellery together.  Something I have always done but I would usually mix them on a night out.  Faux pas!  ... many of you might say but they work together wonderfully and gets over the stress of having to go matchy matchy.  That's why I loved this necklace, it's a ready made excuse to mix your metals.  With a silver linked links adjoining two gold bars that fasten at the back.

What do you think about mixing your metals?  Would you dare?

x

6 comments:

  1. Aw I think you look lovely in your photos! I put mine on burst on a self timer which helps me relax a bit, think it takes like 5 in a row so one usually turns out ok-ish!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look amazing! Love the outfit. You definitely don't look like an obese dominatrix!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, looking good. Nothing wrong with the trews at all.

    Okay, on the posing.... females I'd use the left shoulder as the leading shoulder, you're posing on the right shoulder forward. The slight twist is right and your fingers are spread out, perfect. Keep them together and they can look like sausages.

    The photographer could do with getting to your eye level by lowering the camera a little.

    But an obese dom, certainly not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look smoking doll! And your looking like a wee skinny minnie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those trousers! And I definitely think you carry them off perfectly, not in an obese dominatrix way :L Would kill for your legs! Bring on the 30 Day Shred :|

    Much Love
    Roisin Elizabeth
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look FIERCE in your leather trousers and chunky metal! I hope to see more outfits of you wearing them. And posing? My default expresion is 'glaikit' - no other word somes it up so well. If I'm a bit tipsy (or even worse for wear) the cheshire cat grin makes an appearance. However, 'outfit' posts remain hideously uncomfortable with Mr G screaming - 'RELAX! Stop looking so vacant - smile! But not like that...'

    Really enjoying your outfit posts x

    ReplyDelete