Wednesday 4 January 2012

Tempting

The make up I chose to wear in yesterdays post was a little bit inspired by the Olsen twins smokey look that they have been rocking for ions.  I toned it down for day wear so it wasn't as deep and intense as some of their more recent dramatic looks.

-Insert ancient but gorgeous photo of Olsen Twins-


- Insert posey in the manky bathroom mirror photo of moi-


I STILL haven't cleaned the mirror! minger.
I used 2 of my very favourite MAC shadows to create the look, Tempting and Twinks.  Tempting is a lovely shade which is very similar to Woodwinked (another favourite) but slightly less intense.  It's a golden bronze with a slight shimmer, super pigmented and is fabulous to use as there is little to no fall out from it!

I started layering products starting with MAC Patina then applied and blended Tempting at the outer corner.  To add some depth I used Twinks, a rusty brown, in the outer v which also really helped 'lift' the look and avoided a flat bronze appearance.

Face: Chanel Pro Lumiere
Cheeks: Benefit Hoola, MAC Sun&Moon
Eyes: MAC Patina, Tempting, Twinks; MAC Smouler liner; Urban Decay Bourbon 24/7 liner;  Rimmel Scandaleyes mascara
Lips: No7 Nude lipliner; Tom Ford Lip colour in Blush Nude; Estee Lauder gloss in Twilight Petal


I really love wearing this kind of smokey eye and it was a welcome return of the nude lip for me.  I was never truly sold on a nude lip but I think having a break from constant images of nude lips on other blogs has made it a nice change to try on myself.

Lots of you have been asking questions about my hair colour so I am just compiling a post to tell you more about it and to show off some of the products I use most on my hair!

x

2 comments:

  1. You had me at Patina! my fave eyeshadow. This looks really great on your eyes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great look. All 3 of those Mac eyeshadows have been on my wishlist for a while. I must get them soon. x

    ReplyDelete