Tuesday 3 January 2012

Leather and Lace

It's nearly the end of my holiday so I didn't want to waste my last few precious days off work lazing around ... as I have done for nearly 2 weeks now!!  It was time to leave the couch and the dvd's behind and meet some friends for lunch and drinks.

Sweater Top with lace detail: Topshop
Faux leather skirt: H&M
Footless tights: Boots
Platform Boots: New Look

An action shot ... !


Everyone and their mother now owns this skirt but that's because it's such a brilliant find.  It has an exposed zipper detail at the back and is so easy to dress up or down.  If you are thinking about buying I would size up in it.  H&M are always hit and miss with their clothing and this is one of those rubbish items you need to go a size bigger in :( 

I actually bought the top because I loved the lace shoulder detail.  I love any detailing on shoulders ... I seem to be drawn to anything like this.  I picked it up in the Topshop sale and was paying for it before I realised it was from their Maternity range! Yikes, that's not an announcement by the way!! It actually makes the sweater really comfy as there is a bit more give in it without it looking baggy and mis-shaped.


As you can see I am still really struggling with posing! Try as hard as I can to lark about in front of the camera, I still look like a bit of a dork and can't really pull off the 'fashionista' look but hey, I'm only here to share my ideas and inspiration.  I now have another issue besides posing and that's how to re-size my photos and present them better.  One step at a time though.  

Gold & silver link chain: Topshop
Silver diamante link chain: Primark
Watch: Vintage seiko
friendship bracelets: Topshop



I also stole my husbands vintage Seiko watch for the day.  I have decided it suits me better ... wonder if he will let me keep it ;)

I go back to work tomorrow and the thought literally fills me with dread.  Back to the grind so they say ... it's going to be a long 3 days until Friday!!

Who else is struggling with being back at work?

x

6 comments:

  1. Love the skirt! You should check out Lightroom (you can edit your photos then publish them all at the specified size you want) - I did the 30 day free trial and never looked back!
    Hope tomorrow's not too hard for us all.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the lace detailing on your top, so pretty! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look amazing and this is such a flattering outfit! Definitely pulling off the 'fashionista' look too! That skirt is such a great find, I really want it but do I really need 4 leather skirts? xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh liking that lace detailing on your top a lot!

    ReplyDelete