Monday 11 January 2010

Body Art by Chanel ... ooh la la!

Today, this overwhelming urge to get a tattoo hit me!

I have had this urge before - 8 years ago. At the time, I was living in America where everyone seemed to sport the most amazing and creative body art.

By nature, I'm pretty squeamish (read: Drama Queen) so in the end I did chicken out of the tattoo idea and opted for a naval piercing (another thing everyone seemed to have at the time), which was probably more painful than a tattoo seeing as the girl messed it up - I pierced 3/4 of the way into my belly button meaning that after 9months of constant infection I had to finally get rid of it! :( TMI?

Anyway, I have been pretty happy with my blank canvas until this past week when all I have done is think about all the pretty things I could have tattooed to my body! Anyway, while looking for designs, I came across this for Spring/Summer 2010:

Les Trompe L’Oeil de CHANEL Temporary Skin Art

This book of temporary tattoos (don't worry they are not of the lick your skin then dib dab on variety) is limited edition and is $75 for 55 designs. I guess that's not that bad then?!

The designs are based on temporary tattoos used in the Paris runway show, designed by Global Creative Director Peter Philips.
I do love the chain detailing of these designs but think I would give the Chanel logo a miss! However, I don't think I would like to stretch to $75 for a temporary tattoo, even if there is 55 designs to choose from.

Pretty though, and some nice inspiration :)

x

6 comments:

  1. I do like the Chanel tattoos, i was looking at them in Vogue at the weekend. I have one tattoo on my back, but i hardly ever show it off. I'd like another but again it would have to be somewhere that isn't on show x

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Em what is your tattoo on your back? I go through phases of wanting a tattoo but i feel really up for it just now - just not sure I am brave enough though xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll pass on the temp ones thanks, for that price just get a real one. I'd like to get my tattoo extended a little with some swirly stuff here or there and I really wanna get my 2 butterflies on my inner wrist. I'm hoping my wrist will be less painful than my lower back or I'm buggered! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. @VexInTheCity ooh what is it you have on your back? see now you make me scared, I think id pass out as soon as the needle touched me lol!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love them, especially the one on the ankle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete