Monday 4 January 2010

H&M what are you thinking?

I was looking up the Spring collections for the high street earlier and came across this. It's part of H&M's mens collection for Spring 2010.
Man skirts!!??

Now, I live in Scotland where our national dress is the Kilt so really a man skirt shouldn't shock me at all! However, this couldn't be further from a kilt, it is a pleated skirt that my mother would wear to the office.

I am all for bold fashion choices and love that H&M break the rules but in this instance I just don't see how it can work!

Even my husband, who is known for having his own unique, fashion forward but tasteful style looked on at this in disgust and agrees that it just won't work, even in our very own country of skirt wearers!

Maybe H&M or our fashion savvy/victim public will prove us wrong?

What do you think? Have H&M taken it too far?!

x

17 comments:

  1. OMG hahaha that is hilarious! Yes, I think that is a bit much indeed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @VexInTheCity @ellamarie84 Lol, you know i almost want to love it because they are thinking outside the box and giving the highstreet something only top designers churned out in the past but still ... a man in a pleated skirt?!! LOL .. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahah :D. Never going to happen! Fair enough maybe on the catwalks or whatever, but please. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. what the..! is that for real? I don't know...:S:S
    It's funny though:D
    +++++
    k

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Emma lol, yes i think it's fab on the catwalk but in reality ... hmmm?! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. @katrina yes its for real! he he ... just you wait it will be all the rage ;p xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is dreadful! Looks like a school skirt, but longer! Haha :) Oh dear! Sad thing is, it might actually catch on - surely there's enough males that like to branch out, and really try anything to be "unique"? I do hope not though - I don't think I could handle that sight! Haha :) Made me laugh though, so thank you! :)
    Hope you had a lovely Christmas and New Year with your hubby!
    Love, Lucy @ lucytalksbeauty.blogspot.com :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG can't wait to see that one in Newcastle ona Friday night - thumbs up for effort but no! fab pic

    ReplyDelete
  9. hahaha.. seriously what planet are they on? I secretly hope it catches on just for the giggle factor ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is pretty awful really haha!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This totally looks like my old school uniform skirt. And there were no boys at my school. This makes my point I feel....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hahahaaaa!!! They def took it too far :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh dear. I'm also from Scotland so used to seeing men in kilts... but this is just ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. [mode ironic ON]WTF... Womens in pants it's just for lesb...[mode ironic OFF]
    Such brainless posts demonstates how womens are machos ! YOU have the right to wear everything you want including men's stuff but men who wear a masculine skirt like that it result :"lol, haha" and sometimes homophobic reactions !
    I'm not less men because I wear skirts like that, I'm more men because I got the balls to wear it in public !

    ReplyDelete