Friday 22 January 2010

Zoolander!

Just before Christmas I was hankering after some faux fur and luckily enough came across this little belter in French Connection.

The Zoolander jacket! On name alone I was sold (love the movie!) but it also reminded me of a jacket I used to own from Mango that I deeply regret donating to a Charity Shop many years ago. It was mine.

Now, I have to say, my husband isn't a fan of it - he thinks it makes me look like Bollo "I gotta bad feelin' about 'dis!" from The Mighty Boosh (he is a Gorilla for non Boosh fans!)

I don't care, i do love it and it is so warm! The faux fur seems to trap the heat so it has been great over this very very cold winter. I have hardly had it off my back whether I am out pubbing and clubbing or at the Supermarket buying groceries.

I thought I'd show you 2 looks I go for most often when wearing my Zoolander jacket. One is a daytime, relaxed, no fuss look and the other is more glam but still chilled.




On a casual basis, I usually team with skinny blue jeans, sometimes bootleg, and with flat studded boots it gives a little bit of a rock chic look but still practical and comfortable. A casual studded bag and some bangles brighten the look up.

For night time, I usually team with leggings (although my legs are never as skinny as the polyvore set, tut!) and some shoe boots and my newly acquired snakeskin vintage clutch which i love! I usually glam my hair and make up more for any night out too so it looks pretty edgy but keeps me warm in the taxi queue!

As for underneath, I stick to printed t-shirts and sometimes a floaty blouse to wear with leggings. I keep it as simple and low fuss as possible!

So that's how i've been trying to stay stylish in the cold weather, although a lot of days, I just grab as many layers as I can find and go!!

x

2 comments:

  1. Love it!!haha Zoolander love that film x

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL at the Bollo comment but it's a lush jacket & looks sooo warm :)

    ReplyDelete