Friday 1 January 2010

My favourite products of last year!

Sorry this one is a bit late seeing as we are now in 2010 but thought I would quickly let you know what products I have loved throughout or discovered in 2010 and probably couldn't go without.

Lipstick: Barry M Peachy Pink (147) - this has been my ultimate go to lipstick, teamed with sheer pinky lipgloss it is just lovely and suits my skintone perfectly :)

Lipgloss: MAC cremesheen in Partial to Pink - love!

Concealer: Bobbi Brown colour corrector and creamy concealer - perfect for disguising under eye dark circles. Great formulation and fantastic coverage

Blush: Nars Orgasm - this has been a popular one since forever but it has been my most used blush this year and it got me through a whole weekend of festival antics with lots of compliments!

Mascara: Cover Girl Lashblast - this really was a find for me. My husband brought it back from a trip to America and I just loved it! I hope to stock up on more at some point. Before this, Chanel Exceptionelle was my absolute love!

Eyeshadow: The Body Shop Shimmer Cube in Warm - this is my absolute favourite palette for a smokey eye. I apply with my fingertips to create a smudged, sultry, smokey eye a la The Olsens twins!

Fake Tan: Sunbrushed - this year I discovered the wonders and cheapness of St Moriz but my favourite is still sunbrushed, so easy to apply, dries quickly and gives a flawlessly even
coverage!

Moisturiser: Estee Lauder Day Wear Plus - I posted about this last month, it's a great cream that leaves my skin feeling refreshed, clear and moisturised.

Eye Cream: Kiehls Abyssine Cream - age is catching up with me so using an eye cream has become a MUST!

Cleansing Wipes: The Body Shop Vitamin E cleansing wipes - I don't use these to fully cleanse my skin but they are fantastic for very late nights when I have no energy to cleanse & tone pre bed time!

That's just a snippet of the products I have loved through 2009! I plan to keep using these products and to experiment less than I have previously. I firmly believe if it's not broken don't fix it so in order to preserve what youth/looks I have then i will be sticking to what works and what I know in 2010!

What are your 2009 favourites?

x

9 comments:

  1. Great post - I'd really like to try the daywear plus at some point. Oh and did you ever try the Max Factor false lash as an alternative to Lash Blast? Was wondering how you thought they compared x

    ReplyDelete
  2. @mizzworthy I did try it and to be honest its definitely not as good, the consistency seems thinner and doesn't thicken my lashes like lash blast does. It looked so promising though as everything else seemed to be exactly the same about it! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post to begin the New Year. What shades do you use in the Bobbi Brown corrector and concealer? I can't remember if I liked CoverGirl Lashblast, its been so long since I tried it. Might have to give it a whirl again x

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Kerry1487 The colour corrector i use is Light Bisque and I think the concealer might be warm ivory but i will need to double check that xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post.
    I would love to try the NARS Blush. Finally get my hands on some Nars stuff, can't wait to try them properly.
    I also made a fav 2009 post, check my blog if you have the time.
    Happy new year to you :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant post. The Bobbi Brown corrector/concealer were two of my best finds from 2009 and I discovered them right here on your blog so thank you very much! I also adore the NARS blush and I'm thinking of trying the EL cream too.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Gabriella Thanks! I had a look at your list - you have some good products on there - some i have never heard of so i will definitely look into :) xx

    @loveaudrey Wow! I am so glad that you found out about the BB corrector/concealer here and I am delighted that you love it too! :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also love peachy pink 147! Loved this post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Muhsine Thanks Muhsine! Yes i actually noticed you wore it in one of your posts the other day! It is such a great colour! xx

    ReplyDelete