Monday 25 October 2010

Eco Tools - Earth-Friendly Beauty

I am pretty faithful to my collection of Nars, MAC and Laura Mercier make up brushes. They have been with me a long time and fortunately they have lasted the distance however, they are becoming old and whenever one needs replaced it is a hefty price to pay.

As most of you will know make up brushes don't come cheap and often when building up your own kit of make up tools it can take a while to build up a decent collection that will cover every make up eventuality.

Well, here is where Eco Tools can make it a little easier and help the environment too .... as Eco Tools say, they boost your beauty while benefiting the Earth.

I was sent this cute 6-piece set a month or so ago and while I was ready to dismiss these brushes for being cheaply made and bad quality ... all it took was one feel of them to realise their potential.


The brushes are made of a taklon synthetic fibre while the handles are made of bamboo so they actually look kinda pretty and come housed in a hemp brush wrap. The fibres on these brushes are so silky soft so no harsh rubbing on your skin. In fact the brushes are made of all ethical, replenishible, recycable materials.
Included in the wrap set are:

Blush Brush - I have been using this as a bronzing brush in place of my beloved Nars brush which has seen its last days it seems. Whilst it isn't quite as good at bronzing my cheeks, it is a fantastic for applying blush, especially when you want that warm flush of colour to your cheeks

Eye Shading Brush - I use this to blend away any sharp edges left behind by my shadow application

Eyeliner Brush - I use this to add some colour to my eyebrows. While I normally wear an eyebrow pencil, I occasionally switch it up and shade MAC Mystery along my brows using this brush - it works a treat!

Concealer Brush - I never use a brush to apply concealer and if I did I would use something fluffier so this brush has been put to use by patting on cream eyeshadows. It's not brilliant but it's better than my normal method (fingers) which doesn't pack on enough colour for my liking.
Lash & Brow Groomer - Every girl (& guy) should own a grooming brush and this one is lovely. The brow side is so soft in comparison to the supermarket own brand one I had previously used.


Overall, I think this is a great set, especially for those who don't necessarily want to spend a lot or don't wear make up enough to justify the cost of expensive brushes. I even think these would make a great gift or stocking filler this Christmas.

As far as I'm aware you can buy this set in Boots for only £14.99 which is amazing when just one brush from Mac can cost double that price.

Who else has tried Eco Tools? Do you have a favourite brush from the set?

x

3 comments:

  1. I have tried one brush and been quite pleased! Love green environmentally friendly stuff! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing set for that price. Have been looking for a new set of brushes for a while so might need to go purchase these. xx

    ReplyDelete