Thursday 7 October 2010

Mango Mix and Match

A bit like a pick'n' mix, Mango now have a mix and match facility on their website, and let me tell you, it's as addictive as a pick 'n' mix!

Until now I have played around on websites such as polyvore creating dream outfits for myself or saving ideas of future wardrobe purchases but the difference with Mango's version is that it offers you up a model in her underwear to clothe head to toe in your fantasy clothing combinations.

It's a pretty cool tool but I do wish I could change up the models hair and make up a l'il bit ... she looks a bit bland without some zesty orange lippy or ombre hair ;) Nevertheless she is a great clotheshorse for trying different garments together and in my case, creating the beginnings of a capsule wardrobe.

I decided to put my model in a jumpsuit... they are my absolute fashion flavour of the day. Oversized baby grows to some, stylish and sassy to me. So here is my model in her jumpsuit teamed with some peeptoe platforms, a casual leather jacket, oversized handbag, chunky leopard print bracelet and a trilby.

This is the kind of outfit I could get away with to the office but easily translates well in a more casual situation, either shopping or hitting a bar with friends for cocktails. Effortless chic.

What I really like about the application is when you choose a garment, it lists it for you along with the price so you can tote up how much you could potentially spend on the outfit. You can start your own outfit at the mango website by clicking here.

So what do you think of this outfit? Why don't you have a go and post your own fantasy wardrobes, I would love to see!

x

1 comment: