Tuesday 5 October 2010

Foundation: New CID on the Block!

Foundation. It's probably a beauty bloggers favourite subject.

I was given this new foundation by a fairly newish brand this week. It's New CID's i-perfect colour adjust foundation which comes in a pump style packaging with it's very own brush attached.

I always worry when a product comes with it's own tools, they never normally work very well but I have to say this brush is lovely if not a bit on the small side for my own personal preference. It glides on the skin and surprisingly doesn't streak, giving a flawless finish.

You pump the pen to release the product through the brush then apply from there. The style of the packaging is great for taking out and about on the go and fantastic for touch ups.
I wore this foundation over the weekend, it was easy to apply and I found that it was quite matte on the skin so I didn't feel the need to powder but out of habit I applied a light dusting of MAC MSF natural. I found that creme blush sits particularly well with it, blending seamlessly into the skin.
The colour I used was a slight mismatch to my skin as I have been faux tan free this past week but it still blended in quite nicely without leaving behind any obvious tidelines. I would wear this as more of a daytime foundation, you can apply it quite sheer but is easy to build up to a fuller coverage if you prefer.

(Anyone interested in the rest of my make up in this photo, it's mostly the EL Christmas collection, golds and browns on the eyes and Extravagant Ruby gloss worn on its own on the lips).

I also found that this foundation photographed quite well in natural light and flash which is always a bonus. I-perfect colour adjust foundation is £28 and you can buy it from the New CID websites here.

What are your New CID recommendations?

x

4 comments:

  1. It looks lovely on you! I also love the blusher you have on in the pic btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @neekeexoxo thank you :) I can't quite remember the blusher, i think it is either ME ME ME Blush me! or Topshop blush in neon rose. They are all i have worn for weeks! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look gorgeous!! that shade is perfect on your skintone...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look gorgeous. I still don't know how I feel about the brush coming with the foundation though, something about that gives me the heebie jeebies. However saying that I got an eyeliner brush with Elizabeth Arden gel eyeliner the other day and it was fantastic so I may be a convert. The finish really is lovely though. xo

    ReplyDelete