Wednesday 6 October 2010

These face wipes should come with a warning!

It's my own fault really, it's a bit of a skincare crime to rely on some face wipes to rid you of the daily dirt and grime that our poor faces are subject to.

Normally one to be quite careful with a skincare routine, I have grown a little weary and downright lazy when it comes to looking after my face. This might be why, when purchasing my £4 jammies from Primark a few weeks ago, I couldn't resist picking up another bargain which lay in wait beside the tills.

Primark 4 in 1 gentle facial cleansing face wipes ... a pack of 2 for £1. Now you and I both know face wipes rarely come cheap, you spend up to a fiver or more for a half decent supermarket brand so this was a bargain I couldn't resist.

I didn't think for a minute they would be of a substandard quality or full of ingredients that may strip my skin of all it's goodness. It's Primark! What was I thinking?!

Aahhh.... *shakes head, tutting at ones stupidity*

I used these for around 2 weeks solid and have suffered from full on pizza face ever since! Painful, obvious, big, red, blinding spots have crept up all over my usually clear-ish skin. Urgh.

Silly thing is it took me a fortnight to realise the source of the damage.

Now I am on a mission to 'fix my face'. I am back into a cleansing and toning routine with a bi-weekly Strivechtin facial scrub, my trusty aromatherapy associates oil slathered all over my face with a little darphin purifying balm for good measure. Keeping my fingers crossed that my skin clears up as quickly as it flared up.

Other than booking myself in for a facial (any excuse!) Does anyone have any other quick fix recommendations?

x

5 comments:

  1. The exact same thing happened to me after being lazy with Nivea wipes...apart from using my old routine and wearing make up only when really necessary, I've been sitting around the house covered in Sudocrem...gradually did the trick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw :-( I had some cheapo ones from Wilkinsons on hols and I was definately allergic or something, my skin went bright red and hot wherever they touched - to the point where if I just did my forehead it would be streaked with bright red and the rest of my face would be normal. Horrid!

    www.beautyandtheblogger.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz earle cleanse and polish should have your skin vitalised and near enough spot free in a couple of days!

    www.sugarpuf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a huge advocate of the Lavera aloe vera range. My skin is so tempremental its unreal, and i swear by this for calming any irritation down. I wrote about it on my blog - its not just a bit sensitive, i come out in revolting red whelts that make me look like a different person!! Hope you get your skin back on track very soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Georgina - sudocrem is great for soothing a break out!

    ReplyDelete