Wednesday 13 October 2010

Mulberry for Target

Mulberry's budget collection for Target hit stores this week in the US.

Unfortunately for us Brits, Target won't be shipping to the UK however, my luck was in as my husband just happens to be in LA this week and being the clever shopper that he is, he has managed to pick me up a few.

Yes, not just one, he has picked up a little selection to choose from.

Although the bags are not made from real leather, especially that butter soft Mulberry leather we have grown to know and love, the brand have promised that there is no scrimping on quality and design.

Although I wasn't there to choose my bag my husband has made a good job of describing each bag and ensuring he picks up what he feels will be the stand outs in the collection - I might as well be married to Tim Gunn :)

He even emailed me photos of him modelling the bags, wearing them daintily over his forearm just like I would. I wonder if I should be worried about him, he looked far too comfortable in pink leopard print! ;)

I'll be honest and say until I see these bags in person, I am not entirely sure I will like them. Being fake leather, they may look a little cheap, even looking like fake bags especially for us in the UK where it won't be common knowledge to non Mulberry fans of the high street collaboration.

The Mister is back next week so I will have to wait until then but I'll be sure to keep you posted on my thoughts.

In the meantime, what do you think of this collaboration? Do you have a favourite style?

x

7 comments:

  1. I love Mulberry and really want to get my hands on one of these bags, even if the leather and style isn't quite the same as the main line... do you know which styles he got for you?x

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Beautyjunkielondon He picked up the pink leopard print one pictured, a small black patent cross over bag and the bigger black leatherette bag! plenty choice :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, new follower :)
    Aaw how sweet! I'd love to get my hands on one of these, my stepdad travels with work and is in the US alot.
    Love the pink leopard one. Do you know how long Target will have these?
    There's no way I can afford the super-duper real ones on a student loan lol!

    Love the blog btw :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Laura Jean Griffiths
    Hi Laura! :D I think Target will have them until they sell out, as far as I am aware they won't be restocking but I could be wrong xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awhhhh..... too cute! Your husband messaged you photos of himself displaying a variety of the bags for you to choose? Definite brownie points! X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you can "make it work" as they weigh a tonne in my case! - Tim G

    ReplyDelete