Monday 4 October 2010

Itison's Winter Indulgence at Radcliffes Beauty Salon

I had a tough day today ... you know the kind of day when everyone you come into contact with has to bring you down in some way? By the time I had finished work I was stressed and full of tension and definitely ready for an evening of pampering.

My luck was in as I was booked in for a salt scrub, mud wrap and hot stone massage courtesy of itison.com. Itison is a fantastic site offering exclusive invitations and daily deals with huge savings on a variety of different events & activities from spa treatments, sunday lunch at a posh hotel to indoor climbing experiences. I have been a member of itison since the off and have bagged quite a few of their deals already - mostly pampering sessions ... i do love to treat myself ;)

Tonight I got to preview what will be tomorrows deal - a 'Winter Indulgence Spa Package' at Radcliffes Beauty in Glasgows Merchant City, which consists of a salt glow body polish, full body thermal mud wrap and a hot stones therapy massage.

This package normally costs £140 but for itison members (which is free to join) ... you get it for a bargaintastic £58!!
I couldn't get to the Salon quick enough after I left the office. I was greeted by the lovely Michelle, my therapist who welcomed me into what would be my little bit of heaven for the next 2 hours.

With calming music, low lighting and scented candles filling the room, I was already starting to relax. For this treatment you need to pretty much be naked and as Michelle passed me the paper pants, she warned me it could get messy. For all you shy girls, you need not worry as your modesty is safe at all times.

The treatment started off with the salt scrub. Michelle massaged gently as she scrubbed which helped ease off initial tension and felt fantastic on the skin. If you are ticklish you may want to warn the therapist beforehand as I literally screamed when Michelle touched my foot ... hope I didn't give her too much of a fright!

Michelle then wiped off the salt scrub with warm towels which felt amazing in itself before starting on the thermal mud wrap. This is where it gets messy! A mud product by Pevonia was slathered across my back arms and legs, the mud was warm and soothing. I was then wrapped up in towels, literally snug as a bug in a rug. I was then given a head & scalp massage which I hadn't expected and it sent me snoozing almost immediately.

Michelle left me for 10/15 minutes while I snoozed. Embarrassing confession: I actually woke myself up snoring at one point, that's how zoned out I was. I then had to shower off the mud (the shower cubicle is in the same room so no need for shuffling in and out of rooms) before it was time for the pièce de résistance - the Hot Stone Massage.

Ugh! It was utter bliss. This was my very first hot stone massage, so wasn't sure what to expect. Oil was slathered over my legs and back before the hot stones were placed on then used to actually massage my muscles and get rid of aches, pains and unwanted tension. The stones are quite large and very and warm so feel very comfortable against your bare flesh, it almost feels like the stones are melting into your body.

I was actually sad when the treatment was over, I could have stayed there all evening, I just didn't want to move. But here I am snuggled into my fluffy bathrobe, chilled out, relaxed with smooth, rejuvenated skin that my husband keep stroking in awe - I think he is jealous!

This deal will go live tomorrow on itison.com and
is live for 6 months so will make a fantastic Christmas present ... but I can see me being a bit selfish and booking myself in again ;)

Thank you Radcliffes Beauty and itison for such a lush evening!

Remember to join itison.com here to take advantage of this amazing Winter Indulgence deal - 3 amazing treatments for only £58 - but be quick, it is only available to buy tomorrow, Tuesday 5th October!

x

3 comments:

  1. Wow that sounds amazing, just wondering who I can persuade to get it for me!

    Just registered with itison, its good to see a site like this that covers Glasgow!

    Anna x

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Pink Pom Poms, I don't think I can wait for someone to buy it for me ... i'm booking myself in again right away at that bargaintastic price! amazing!! xx

    @millmollmac awww it was lurverly! Hopefully they will cover areas closer to you at some point or you can just use it as an excuse to come for a shopping/pampering sesh down to Glasgow :) xx

    ReplyDelete