Sunday 24 October 2010

Eyeko Fat Balm

Yesterday I was completely inspired by the lovely Oxford Jasmine who had tweeted a photo of herself wearing Eyeko's recently relaunched Fat balm on her lips and cheeks.

Lucky for me, that morning some samples had arrived in the post from Eyeko so I wanted to copy Jasmine's gorgeous look.

I received a fat balm in Toffee (rrp £6) which is a lovely warm caramel nude. I also received a London Lips gloss in Mayfair (rrp £6.50) which I believe to be limited edition and is the perfect companion for Toffee fatbalm.

Fat balms have been relaunched with SPF15 and contain jojoba oil for moisture and a fuller, softer lip and just pigmented enough to add a hint of colour and shine.

I patted the fatbalm straight from the tube onto my lips and cheeks. The fat balm gives your cheeks a lovely glow that eliminates the need for a highlighter. It isn't too sticky but I did get a couple of hairy face moments when my hair needed sweeping out of the area with the fat balm applied ... nothing that wasn't easily rectified though. The shade toffee is particularly lovely, it is a very natural looking colour that gives a warm flush to your cheeks. Lovely for winter and a fantastic product for a minimal hassle free make up kit.
This was my first ever experience with a Fat balm and I have to say it felt really lovely on. On your lips it felt hydrating and can certainly be worn on it's own but as I love my gloss I teamed it with london lips in Mayfair.
Mayfair is just like toffee fb but in lipgloss form. It isn't too sticky and smells delicious giving a lovely plump shine.

The fat balm lasted all day on my cheeks while the lipgloss lasted a good while on the lips before needing a re-application for full on gloss again. Even when the shine had disappeared there was still a lovely hint of caramel colour on the lips so that it wasn't necessarily vital to re-apply.

I really think Eyeko products are worth a look, they are fantastic value for money and the products are of great quality. When I tweeted Jasmine about my copy cat look yesterday, she even claimed that she thought the fat balm was better than Bobbi Brown's pot rouge which is quite something. I haven't tried the BB pot rouge so can't comment personally but it certainly food for thought when you think of the price difference and the reputation of such a high end brand as Bobbi Brown.

What do you guys think of Eyeko's fat balm?

x

8 comments:

  1. gorgeous! I love the new fat balm too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a soft and pretty look, it's very nice!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fat balm looks like such a lovely colour!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very pretty lady ... I have quite a hankering after this ... enabler!!!! :P x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the Fat Balm on the cheeks - very pretty shade. Haven't tried any of the Eyeko products yet, but had heard the eyeliner pen is amazing.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look fab hunni, this shade really suits you ;)
    Think I may need to look in to picking myself up some fat balm now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yeaahhhh! i want to buy the fat balm in toffee, but was afraid it would be too dark for me. i will def buy it. together with some eye liners :P

    ReplyDelete